how many calories should I be eating

Options
So when I enter everything for a day it says that I need to be taking in more calories than I am. I have a hard time meeting the 1200 a day. I eat cereal( lots of fiber few calories) for both breakfast and lunch- because I hate milk and that's the only way I'll get enough calcium. Also we eat almost all elk meat and it is much leaner than even chicken. I don't feel hungry but it says that I will send my body into starvation mood and I don't want to do that. I used to have a eating problem when I was younger and this is nothing like that. I feel satisfied with about 1000 calories a day on average. Anyway my question is any suggestions on how I can get all the calories I need. Good healthy snacks or something?

Replies

• throughHisstrength
    Options
    So when I enter everything for a day it says that I need to be taking in more calories than I am. I have a hard time meeting the 1200 a day. I eat cereal( lots of fiber few calories) for both breakfast and lunch- because I hate milk and that's the only way I'll get enough calcium. Also we eat almost all elk meat and it is much leaner than even chicken. I don't feel hungry but it says that I will send my body into starvation mood and I don't want to do that. I used to have a eating problem when I was younger and this is nothing like that. I feel satisfied with about 1000 calories a day on average. Anyway my question is any suggestions on how I can get all the calories I need. Good healthy snacks or something?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Ooh, elk meat! I have never had that. It sounds good.
    It's really not hard to meet your goal when you follow the guidelines set by the site. It will tell you exactly how many grams of each nutrient to eat. Keep eating the healthy stuff, just more of it. Add a sandwich with 4oz of meat to your lunch of cereal. Add milk to drink with it. Add eggs or some canadian bacon (basically just lean ham for those who aren't familiar with it) to breakfast. Make sure you're eating a lean protein, complex carbohydrate, and fat at each meal.
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    thanks I'll try that. It's just hard when I'm not really hungry, but hey that's really not a bad problem to have. I tried weight watchers one time and I was starving the whole time I was on it.:smile: