LOOKING FOR SUPPORTIVE CHRISTIAN FRIENDS!

Options
Hi I'm Josh Tamblyn, Im 21 years old just recently gave my testimony at my church, been on a weightloss journey for about 3 months on and off ,but as of late I've found a higher level of dedication which is in Jesus my lord and saviour! I've lost 14 pounds this time through and Im not giving up! Please comment below If your looking for support as well! Thanks

Replies

• michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome Josh, Keep that focus you can do this with God's help
  • Kbeau777
    Options
    You rock josh, Jesus truly is the best coach and workout partner! But if you ever need inspiration let me know!
  • oriors
    oriors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amen :}
  • melrose09
    Options
    Just keep looking to God for that positive energy you need! He will provide :)
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Going to bed now, Praying this thread stays positive and doesn't end up getting locked again..

God bless all of you, and feel free to add me as well. Ive started a 21 day fast with my youtube followers just yesterday and its not too late to join in, fasting as in fasting chocolate or candy or working out 30 mins a day for 21 days
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Excellent Josh. When we put God first, everything else falls into place when we trust in Him. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • birdsongs
    Options
    Me too! Anyone can add me if they like. I'm a friend of Jtamb and Oriors (: God Bless.
  • shanghaiskinny2be
    Options
    I'm not Christian, but a Catholic. But, I love Jesus!!!!!!!!!

I try to fast (bread and water) on Wed and Friday (its hard and tempting to eat) and the last time I did it was 6 months ago.....but, I still love Him. Remember his love, live by his ways and he shall support you in everything!
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always get encouraged through the word of God...especially when I'm first starting out... I always think of Zech 4:10 where it says do not despise the days of small beginnings... so encouraging because I'm putting in so much work and not seeing the results! :\ Walking by faith and not by sight!! be blessed everyone!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Jesus is my strength, as well.
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 14lbs but more importantly, on choosing to let Christ lead your life. I'm always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • 2012rosa
    Options
    hi - I just read your posting, I am also looking for individuals to add on for support...I am a christian also. started using fitpal about 2 weeks ago and love it. it is helping me stay on track and focused. i've lost 3lbs, and looking to take off 17 more. I gained 20 pounds 7 years ago when i quit smoking. now with this app i know i will finally take off the extra weight. hope we can support each other in our quest. let me know if you'd like to add me on and i will give you my email address, so we can view each others progress daily on our app. God Bless
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    As a Chrstian it is encouraging to have the support of other believers on this journey. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for other Christians here on MFP.
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    You can do it Josh! Wish there were many more young men like you in the world!:bigsmile:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Amen :}
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey began with a 21 day fast at the beginning of 2011. It started when I replaced food on the throne of my heart with Jesus. I got my priorities back in line. As my pastor put it, "you worship what you serve" and while food is good, it makes a lousy God. Since the end of that fast I have lost 139 pounds. I know that I could not have done it without God's help, and I still need His help daily, because it truly is an addiction with me and it is a total spiritual issue. I wish more people would realize this and work on that and not just the physical aspect. I'm praying for you and hope you find strength in Him to continue. I also would like to add one of my favorite inspirational fitness Bible verses:

1 Corinthians 9:27:
    I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that Catholics were Christians?

I love Jesus my Lord and Savior!
  • StephySands
    Options
    It's always nice to have the support of fellow followers :)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amen, Josh! What a blessing you are to the kingdom of God my friend. Feel free to friend me and I will offer you my support and whatever else the Lord places on my heart for you.
    Also if you are into hip hop I am a Christian hip hop dj and love sharing my mixes with the people of God. They make really great workout mixes! Be blessed!
    http://db.tt/CPvwl2O9
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I always get encouraged through the word of God...especially when I'm first starting out... I always think of Zech 4:10 where it says do not despise the days of small beginnings... so encouraging because I'm putting in so much work and not seeing the results! :\ Walking by faith and not by sight!! be blessed everyone!

That's an awesome quote from the word and so encouraging! Thanks for that because we tend to want to go from start to finish in a week's time. We have to remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint. be blessed!