Bodymedia Fit or other weight management systems

I have been using my HRM for some time now and am interested in taking things a bit further. I am looking into purchasing a monitor that will help track calories and exercise in all areas of my life and something that I can wear most of the day. I have been researching the Bodymedia Fit Core, Biggest Loser's Slimcoach, Fitbit, and Body Bugg. I would be interested in hearing your reviews of these items since I have read many mixed reviews. Which do you like better?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I have been using my HRM for some time now and am interested in taking things a bit further. I am looking into purchasing a monitor that will help track calories and exercise in all areas of my life and something that I can wear most of the day. I have been researching the Bodymedia Fit Core, Biggest Loser's Slimcoach, Fitbit, and Body Bugg. I would be interested in hearing your reviews of these items since I have read many mixed reviews. Which do you like better?

Probably not many here that have used both.

Oh, BodyMedia makes the unit BodyBugg slaps their name on, and several others do. If it looks the same, it is.

Here is an actual nice comparison. Just be aware the FitBit has a new version, and the BodyMedia has a lower monthly fee, but no cheaper option for long term that I was notified of.

http://tweakfit.com/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-reviews

You can see several of my comments there.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    I have the body media fit. I love it. I get the membership through my gym free though, so I just had to buy the hardware. I would say cost is definately something you will need to compare between all the different programs.

In the beginning, I wore it around everywhere. It gave me actual numbers of my BMR and calorie targets. Now, I really only wear it while working out to get accurate burns, since my daily burns don't change as much. It's definately a helpful little tool. The only thing is for cardio you have to learn how to read your calorie output because it's not really a HRM, and if you're going for a target range during your workouts, it may frustrate you that you cannot get that info from this device. Best of luck!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    bump