Horrible Motivation--need help

Options
Hi! This is the first time i'm writing on one of these message boards but I see how much everyone seems to help each other out and I'm in desperate need! I'm 19 years old 5'7 and 188.....those aren't fun together! I have a great life though with amazing friends and fun college stuff but at parties my friends are always the ones who get flirted with (well i do if the guys had a few to many drinks and has one thing on his mind, but who wants them?? :( ) anyways I get in these kicks where i really try and then get little to no results and its alwyays easier to quit. But i dont want to this time! I need to lose weight so that I can feel better about myself! Any tips or stories that will help me keep my motivation this time?? :)

Replies

• tillwewakeup
    Options
    I had the excact same problem two years ago. All my friends got flirted and found boyfriends and stuff like that, while I was a loner and I didn't even want to get out of the house in fear that someone might call me fat or make fun of me (I was 172lb back then). So I decided once and for all that you know, it is my life and my body, and after all I deserve to have fun and be able to wear skinny jeans and cute shorts and crop tees and stuff like that, and look beautiful in almost anything and be able to go to the beach without feeling bad about my body, and to be able to CHOOSE with which of the guys that flirt me I want to go out and not to be chosen by the losers..
    Today I am 136lb, and I my goal weight is 110. so don't give up on your dreams girl! you can do it, I am sure of it :)
  • Sebokolik
    Options
    Hi Maci,

I know exactly what you mean.. Although we try to think positive while loosing weight, factors outside of our control keep reminding us, that we are infact overweight, this in turn makes us veel insecure again about ourselfs and how we look and reminds us of all the things we would like to do but can't because of our weight.

The most important thing is that whenever you get this feel or thought, you should immediately tell yourself that you are stronger and you can do it.. Talk about it with your family and/or friends. Most of the time they wil help jou to stay motivated. Also what helps me is to search for weight loss success stories on the internet or watching weight loss programs like 'the biggest loser'..

I have also been in a funk for a few months now, I started my weight loss journey in july 2011 and i lost about 13 kg (28.7 lbs). In november i started slowing down and i haven't been able to pick it up again. I promise myself that i will start tommorrow but everyday something (School, home, people, work ) wil get in the way.

When i saw your topic , it just reminded me that i'm not the only one going through a 'dark time' in my weight loss journey..

If you would like to, we could motivate each other in continuing our weight loss journey together. Let me know what you think ?

xx Hulya
  • maciandreasen
    Options
    Hey Huyla!
    I would love it if we could motivate each other! I think having an outside source would help me greatly! :) Thanks!!
  • slynn92185
    slynn92185 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I go for about 2 weeks hardcore then I'm done. No motivation at all. I only have about 10 lbs to lose, but it's so hard!!!! Good Luck, friend me if you want! I could use the motivation too! :)
  • samonecent
    Options
    I would love it if any of you would add me... I think I can help you as well as I am hoping you will help me. I have been doing this for about a month and have lost 10lbs BUT I still have atleast 40lbs to go. It would be great to find people who can push and make me accountable for my weightloss. If your interested in being buddies let me know :) Thanks! Sam (short for Samantha)
  • Sebokolik
    Options
    This is great!

Maci I have to thank you.. If I hadn't seen your post, I wouldn't have had the motivation to start again.. I have counted my calories today and after this post I'm going to do some exercising :D..

@ Slynn92185, maci, samonecent : We could keep tabs on each other, by checking eachothers activities on myfitnesspal and we could post our progress each week.. We could also make our own group. That way it would be easier to follow the progress.. What do you guys think?

btw. I'm from the Netherland so my english might not be so good.. I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make ...
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I'm in the same spot right now. My advice would be to try make small obtainable goals like hitting a press up target or being able to run that mile in less time etc. Take your focus off your weight and try to have fun competeing with yourself.or with a friend if they will join in. Good luck, if you come across my motivation on the search for yours will you point it in the right direction :laugh: :drinker:
  • fjabedo
    Options
    Hey - just plan to work out early and eat food in portions. Attempt to eat frequently - I have lost 10 lbs in three weeks just by eating things I know or I understand what is in it. Use the food daily to track calories - amazing!! Set a goal to change habits ie 90 days. Track and measure. Good luck and stay encouraged!! You will receive results
  • maciandreasen
    Options
    Yes I would absolutly love to create a group i bet that would help out wonderfully!!
  • Keto1on1
    Keto1on1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    welcome to the party we'll help you!:bigsmile: