what time do you eat supper?

Options
I Have 3 small children who needs to be in bed by 830..What time should we all be eating supper to stay healthy?

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    I Have 3 small children who needs to be in bed by 830..What time should we all be eating supper to stay healthy?
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I usually cook about 5:30pm or 6pm and we eat by 7pm sometimes 7:30pm depending on what I'm cooking.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I usually have dinner between 5pm and 6pm.
  • burbuja
    burbuja Posts: 32
    Options
    Maybe 7:00 would be a good time to have supper that way you don't go to sleep right away with a full stomach, I've heard its not good to eat and then go to sleep right away.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ugh, whenever I get home...sometimes 5:00, sometimes 8:00... :grumble:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    it depends on what your feeding them. if its something very heavy (i.e. lots of protein) or calorically dense, then it should be sooner, as in around 5: 30 or 6:00. if its something lighter, then it would be ok to feed them later, like around 6:30.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but we eat between 5pm and 6pm usually. I would think you should feed them whenever they are hungry, but probably on the early side- 5-5:30ish, then maybe a small snack in the evening if they are hungry again. As long as you're not stuffing yourself right before bed, it's ok to eat late. You body doens't know what time it is, all this "no eating after 7pm" or whatever is just silly.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I would say about 5-6 pm. That is when my son and I eat and his bed time is 8-8:30. Sometimes he gets hungry later between dinner and bedtime and he can then have a friut, veggie or some popcorn. Something healthy.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I put my girls to bed at 8. I get home from work around 5:45ish, so depending on what I cook, we eat between 6 and 7.
  • Tizzle23
    Tizzle23 Posts: 59
    Options
    We usually eat around 7-7:30 I wish we could eat by 6:30:grumble: they say to eat atleast 3hr before bed time tho
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    We usually eat around 5:30. I do have a evening snack.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    7pm.. at least I try to hold off until them... at midnight I eat again... like a bag of salt popcorn or some other snack.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    wow, i dont have kids, but i eat my big meal around 330, and have a snack around 7, in bed at 9... boy, im must be old LOL
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    We generally eat around 7 to 8 pm at our house. Our kids are older and that's how long it takes for everyone to come home and dinner to get made.

I also try to make breakfast or lunch my big meal of the day and dinner is bigger than a snack, but not by much.
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    We eat around 5:30ish. I grew up eating late--like, 7 or 8 and I wonder if that contributed to being overweight?

Anyway, my kiddo goes to bed around 7:30/8 and it works out fine. No snacks before bed needed, either, unless we are outside in the summertime and he's super active.