Help for half-marathon?

Options
I want to do the Cracow mini-marathon on the 22nd of April.

That's 11 weeks away.

I did a mini-marathon before, and my time was 2.09 min.. this time around I'd love to break the 2hr mark! And be a little more prepared. So I'm making an exercise schedule for myself..

In addition to some strenght I'll be doing cardio 4 times a week, 3 times running and 1 time cycling. The cycling will be intervals. One of my runs will be intervals, one will be easy and one will be a long run (all of the distances are going to steadily increase).

2 weeks before the actual mini-marathon I plan on running the course. Then I'll do several slow long runs, I guess?

How do I tackle those final two weeks?

Replies

• JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    bump.<<
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Your final 2 week you will need to 'taper' down. your longer runs should be getting shorter to about 6 to 8 miles at the most specially in the last week, do no interval training or hill work in the final week also, this will make your legs as fresh and strong as possible for your race.

look up some trusted half marathon training plans online, i think they are usually around 16 weeks bu i guess you can jump right in at a point you think you fit, and it can tell you what you should be running at in each session to achieve your sub 2 hour goal.

I think 11 weeks should be enough time to prepare, best of luck on your goal!

good plans can be found at
    www.runnersworld.co.uk
    www.runnerworld.com
    there are other site too, just search for 'Half Marathon Training Plans'