im still hungry!!!

Options
What do i do when iv reached my daily calorie goal but im still hungry???? Water is just not cutting it!

Replies

• Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Oh man, I don't like feeling hungry, so I totally sympathize!
    I am trying a different approach to eating , and you could try it if you like.. it's helping me to feel full longer (eliminating my desire to eat more) Feel free to try if you like:
    Here's what I do...

Eat VERY, VERY SLOWLY..Put only a small amount of food on your fork or spoon.. then put it in your mouth and chew it extremely well.. I'm talking 30-50 bites per chew. Make sure you put your spoon or fork down between bites.
    It takes me more than 30 minutes to eat a small meal (sometimes closer to 45 minutes!) by the time the 30 minutes is up, you feel very full and the satiety seems to last!

While I do drink my 8-10 glasses of water per day, I do not have anything to drink with my meals. I learned that drinking with my meal simply pushes the food through my system quickly and then leaves my stomach virtually empty almost immediately after I eat. I wait at least a half hour after eating before I begin drinking again. So far it has worked for me.. hope it helps you!
  • jenna198500
    jenna198500 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey thanx. that sounds like a great plan but it wouldnt suit m\e. i dont have the time or patience to savour a meal for that long. i think once i get back into my routine ill be fine but in the meantime i need help
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I find big mugs of herbal tea help me, or keeping a few calories over for the evening when I know I'm likely to get hungry again and then eating raw carrot (or something of the ilk) to get rid of the hungry feeling.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    If your hungry then eat some fruit or veggies. A cup is around 50-60 calories, won't put you too far over yourgoal and will satisfy the hunger.

Then try to eat more fibre dense or protein rich foods during the day and eat 5-6 smaller meals through out the day.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough nutritious foods? I try my best to have complex carbs with protein every 2-3 hours which keeps me feeling satisfied and full. If I hit my calorie limit for the day and I'm truly hungry and not just snacky, then I go ahead and eat. Big glass of water and a serving of trail mix or an egg on whole wheat. Hope that helps girl xoxo
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    2 things:
    1) Evaluate what you are eating during the day. Are you getting enough protein and fiber? Those will help you feel full. Not all calories are equal.
    2) It's OK to be hungry! :-) This is something I've read in a number of books and have come to believe. Most Americans have never truly been hungry, KWIM? It's ok to have a little rumbling in the tummy.