Calorie dense foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Miiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllk :-D and olive oil. And cheese, avocado, nuts, eggs.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons of peanut butter added to your day will get you right around 1200. Mix the extra in your oatmeal, or just eat it off the spoon. Easy fix.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Don't listen to people who said you have to eat junk just to reach your calories. That's the dumbest advices ever.
    If they don't care about their health, whatever.

You asked about healthy food:
    Nuts. If you get bored, you can vary the flavor (grilled almonds vs smoked almonds vs cocoa almonds). Those are good! They taste like chocolate!
    Almonds butter, Cashew butter, ect.
    Almond milk.
    Eat a tablespoon of coconut oil.
    Add olive oil in your salads.
    Add whey powder in your smoothies (look for a kind with low sugar and few ingredients.)
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You've already received great advice for *healthy* foods to add. I would also suggest buying higher fat dairy products (full fat yogurt or cheese). Research indicates that people who consume full fat dairy generally are less fat than people who eat reduced fat dairy.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    More:

Avocado
    Cottage cheese
    Any real cheese
    Flax seeds

Did you say your protein shakes taste nasty?
    I use ON Any Whey protein (http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-any-whey-protein-p-199.html) because it was the least amount of weird ingredients in it.
    -1 scoop of whey
    - fruits (I used blueberries and pomegranate)
    - greek yogurt
    - almond milk
    - 1 tablespoon of 100% cacao powder
    Sooooo good! The cacao is only 10 cals and 3g carbs and make the shake tastes like chocolate!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies, so please forgive me if this has already been said... I saw the thing about the EVOO, and I think that would be great for you. Good fats will keep you healthy. Also, I wondered about adding more fresh fruits (apples and berries etc) and more fiber. Of course fruit has some fiber in it. Fiber has health benefits all its own, especially where weight loss and KEEPING weight off are concerned. Fiber tends to keep a person from getting as hungry, so I don't know if that might have a negative effect on your calorie consumption, but if you can get some more in, your long term health may benefit.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    bump
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Are their any negative effects of using evoo except the fact it's calorie dense? I don't always make my calorie goals easily and I know evoo is a good fat. Any downsides to it?