Can't stop eating cake and chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I love having a slice of cake in the afternoons with a cup of tea; I'm on a 1250 calorie/day diet and have no trouble fitting it in. I don't believe in using artificial sweeteners or low-fat substitutes, so my cakes are the real deal! I just made a delicious chocolate walnut cake that is so rich and satisfying but only comes to 181 calories a slice. A couple weeks ago it was an apple walnut cake that was also delicious, and 197 calories a slice. As long as you're not the type to binge and eat the entire cake at once I see no reason to completely avoid it.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I love having a slice of cake in the afternoons with a cup of tea; I'm on a 1250 calorie/day diet and have no trouble fitting it in. I don't believe in using artificial sweeteners or low-fat substitutes, so my cakes are the real deal! I just made a delicious chocolate walnut cake that is so rich and satisfying but only comes to 181 calories a slice. A couple weeks ago it was an apple walnut cake that was also delicious, and 197 calories a slice. As long as you're not the type to binge and eat the entire cake at once I see no reason to completely avoid it.

I'm the same way with beer! I will make sure to have enough calories at the end of the day to enjoy a cold one, if I feel like I need one (which most days I end up not needing one).

I don't like restricting my weight loss from stuff that will be okay once I'm at maintenance.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Try some low cal hot chocolate. Carnation makes a decent one with 45 calories.

I empathize with your problem. Chocolate used to be one of my food groups.
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do the Fiber one bars and brownies
  • melissaGLEEKho
    Options
    I've really bad cake cravings too and I know that I will lose weight if calories burnt > calories consumed. But does that mean its okay to eat cake because I'm desperately trying to lose my belly fat and I've been stuck on this goal for quite some time (because I always lose control at night and eat even though I'm not hungry sigh)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stop buying them or making them. it's really not that hard. you cant eat why you dont have
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Jello Mousse Temptations in chocolate indulgence is my chocolate treat when I am craving. I take small bites to savor every bit of the 60 calories in the cup. It fits well in a 1200 calorie a day diet.

I do this also. These things are amazing! I have one almost every night for my after dinner snack.
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try making a healthy substitute version of it. There are awesome reciepes for desserts on skinnytaste.com

There is something to this, but not what this person probably intended.
    I find that attempting to make a healthy alternative sometimes ruins my appetite for that particular craving.
    Just last night I was craving one of those Dannon Frusion Smoothies. So I tried making my own smoothie. What followed was a nasty sub par copy that sucked. 22 hours later I am still turned off on smoothies.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Well, I can COMPLETELY empathize with you. Chocolate is a part of my daily diet! (seriously, I have a little bit of chocolate every day).

Here are some chocolate filled recipes that won't sabotage your healthy lifestyle (in moderation)....

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=20_recipes_for_chocolate_lovers

Also, STEVIA. I use Stevia to sweeten things and it is about 2x more potent than sugar. It is calorie free, and a little bit goes a long way.

Don't tell yourself that you CAN'T have chocolate or cake or goodies. Make sure that you have it in moderation, and when possible try and make a healthier version!
  • cocoapebbleschick
    Options
    I too like cake. Could you share the recipe for the Chocolate Walnut cake?
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    The more sugar you eat the more you want. Best option is to avoid it all like the plague. You should also stay away from fat free treats, or "low-cal" treats. The fake sugar will trigger the same response in your brain as regular sugar, making you want to eat more and more and more until you go crazy. Allow yourself to have a treat once or twice a week, and make sure you plan for it. The rest of the time stay away from added sugars, also avoid diet sodas and juice because again they trigger that same response, and you will notice the cravings start to diminish after a couple of weeks.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When I hear people saying they can't stop something, or if I feel that way I always remember one thing.

Don't do it. Stop... Don't.....do.....it..... Don't do it. Do not even think about it.

Don't
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Try the 3-2-1 recipie,

1 box of cake mix of your choice
    1 box of angel food cake mix

Mix the above two together in a ziploc bag or container

Then when you want cake

mix 3 tablespoons of the above mixture
    2 tablespoons of water
    and microwave them for 1 minute in a bowl

Only comes out to around 97 calories
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anytime I say I'm not going to have something, then that's what I want all the time..but unless you're locked in a small room with cake and ice cream then you can stop eating things you don't want to eat..it's not always fun, it's not always sexy..but for me just knowing how long I'd have to ride the elliptical to burn off one cup of ice cream depresses me enough to say no thank you..but if you just gotta eat it be prepared to work it off..
  • strawberry904
    Options
    lakeview sugar free pudding from walmart only 70 cals and 0 of everything else & no sugar added fudgcisles only 40 cals per bar