TOMATOES

Options
2»

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I love this diet! I had pizza yesterday, meatloaf for lunch today, and plan cheese burgers tonight.

Make sure to put lots of tomatoes on your burger, or you'll be doing it wrong.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Math is a wonderfull thing.

In order to lose 60 pounds.....you need to burn 210 000calories more then you eat. In 28 days....it's 7500 calories. So let's say that you eat....what 600 calories worth of tomatoes...in one day, in order to lose 60 pounds in 28 days, you would have to burn 8100 calories or the equivalent of running 2 marathon a day.

Have fun with that.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    again I am not wanting to lose 60lbs, just 25 to 30lbs. If this can jumpstart me in the right direction, I am all for it! I realize its a fad diet, and I'm cool with it.

edit: As far as the math thing, my math skills are lacking and I am fine with it! lol!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Math is a wonderfull thing.

In order to lose 60 pounds.....you need to burn 210 000calories more then you eat. In 28 days....it's 7500 calories. So let's say that you eat....what 600 calories worth of tomatoes...in one day, in order to lose 60 pounds in 28 days, you would have to burn 8100 calories or the equivalent of running 2 marathon a day.

Have fun with that.
    Stop letting math get in the way of weight loss!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    again I am not wanting to lose 60lbs, just 25 to 30lbs. If this can jumpstart me in the right direction, I am all for it! I realize its a fad diet, and I'm cool with it.

edit: As far as the math thing, my math skills are lacking and I am fine with it! lol!

Yes, but that is still 1lb per DAY. Honestly, I'm concerned about your health.
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    okay, I am not a tomatoe fan. I am trying a diet that calls for a lot of tomatoes. How can I cook these things? I can not use any type of oils or butters. I can use any type of seasoning, lemon and vinegar.

First thought is why would you do a diet that makes you eat a food you dont like, but when I looked at the diet it makes me think why would you do this to your body. That does not look like a healthy diet, not enough calorie intake some of most weeks.
    Sorry you might like like my opinion that this is it, dont do this too your body. Take the slow and steady road, youll be healthier in the long run.
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options
    You know what this diet reminds me of? HCG protocal, without the pee.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Do you think she could sautee the tomatoes in pee?
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options

If she did she would lose faster. The pee is where it's at!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

That would probably stink though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    16 tomatoes a day??? I adore tomatoes, but even I couldn't eat that many.

Really? Does your doctor know you're trying this "diet"?
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    LOL what kind of crazy diet is that!? oh well the lycopene can't hurt you and yes, grilled tomatoes are delicious.

here's one
    just slice some tomatoes, cucumbers & red onion - mix with some cider vinegar (or flavored vinegar of your choice) and let this marinate a couple hours or over night

tangy & delicious

This one is my favorite......
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I like tomatoes in my mac n' cheese. Does that help?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like tomatoes in my mac n' cheese. Does that help?
    You too?! :love:

I like fresh, or the Italian stewed variety.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello, are you a regular user of fitness pal. If so you can lose weight eating any combination of food you like so long as you dont go over on for most women 1200 calories. If you put your age, height, weight into fitness pal it will do the math for you and you wont feel deprived. For example if you want to eat pizza you can as long as you count it. Everyone is different but for me after a few days of a fad diet I want to EAT. Also you have to think about what will happen when you go off the diet, in most cases you will gain the weight back and or screw up your metabolism. Just a thought. :smile:
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i dice up tomatos, red bell pepper, onion and put in italian seasoning and franks hot sauce...makes a really nice salsa and you can also put it on anything else like chicken, fish , ground turkey , whole grain pastas and brown rice , black beans ect sometimes use it for a chili base too
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    LOL what kind of crazy diet is that!? oh well the lycopene can't hurt you and yes, grilled tomatoes are delicious.

Other than turning your skin orange that is - seriously, google it! Too many carrots turn you yellow.
  • Charli666
    Options
    Okay so firstly i'm keeping comments on the diet to myself..... but
    Rule 2 states: " NEVER eat cooked fruit"

Rule 4 states: "Remember - tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable "

So there's no point giving you cooking tips for tomatoes , if your following this diet accurately.