Classmates for ever - me and my husband :)

Options
Its been a long time that we have started walks and tried to control our temptations for sweets and cheese. It never went longer than 3-4 days :( Since we are in our 30's now and I wanted my computer engineer husband to be more cautions of his weight , I always tempted, prompted and motivated him to shake some muscles. BUT ............ but ......but ...... never happened.

But something has changed since last 3 months , since I joined the GYM and started with MFP .......
I go to the GYM 3 times a week from 6-8 AM and have over come my urges to hogg :) I never pulled in my husband in this ........ but I recently saw some changes in him -
1. He wakes up at 7 and does floor exercises till 8 ( just before I come )
2. Rather than taking the car he walks 2 miles for his work ( says he likes the way to work)
3. Has opted for a fruit plate snack as compared to chips and coke ( His loved snacks !)
4. Takes our 2 yr old to park on foot on weekends.
5. Has joined his work mates for weekend Hiking trips ........

Don't ask me how glad I am to see all these changes ...... I think that feeling of competition has not died in him ........ he used to sit next to me when I was in 10th grade and compete and he is still competeing with me :) But all for good :) Thanks for reading my bit !!! Just wanted to share ! Would love to know your stories too ..... its great to influence people around for good causes !!!!

149532.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• shalinik78
    Options
    Its been a long time that we have started walks and tried to control our temptations for sweets and cheese. It never went longer than 3-4 days :( Since we are in our 30's now and I wanted my computer engineer husband to be more cautions of his weight , I always tempted, prompted and motivated him to shake some muscles. BUT ............ but ......but ...... never happened.

But something has changed since last 3 months , since I joined the GYM and started with MFP .......
    I go to the GYM 3 times a week from 6-8 AM and have over come my urges to hogg :) I never pulled in my husband in this ........ but I recently saw some changes in him -
    2. Rather than taking the car he walks 2 miles for his work ( says he likes the way to work)
    3. Has opted for a fruit plate snack as compared to chips and coke ( His loved snacks !)

Don't ask me how glad I am to see all these changes ...... I think that feeling of competition has not died in him ........ he used to sit next to me when I was in 10th grade and compete and he is still competeing with me :) But all for good :) Thanks for reading my bit !!! Just wanted to share ! Would love to know your stories too ..... its great to influence people around for good causes !!!!

149532.png
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I'm tracking, too, and my husband isn't. It's pretty funny to see that he's eating healthy alongside me without really thinking about it - we exercise and take walks together and we eat together, so if I'm doing something to lose weight, so is he!

Our guys are so lucky that they have such good role models, eh? Hehe.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options

149532.png

Thanks for Sharing, :flowerforyou: My changes have helped my kids,:heart: we are walking together every night and my husband is riding bike with me a few nights a week ( :heart: it is our alone time:love: ) I am really enjoying this opportunity to be with him. I am also loving the talks I am having with my 15 year old:flowerforyou:
  • shalinik78
    Options
    I'm tracking, too, and my husband isn't. It's pretty funny to see that he's eating healthy alongside me without really thinking about it - we exercise and take walks together and we eat together, so if I'm doing something to lose weight, so is he!

Our guys are so lucky that they have such good role models, eh? Hehe.

u BET :)