A good running shoe

Hi! So I'm in the 6th week of couch potato to 5k training program and now that I am doing more jogging, I need another pair of running shoes. Anyone have a favorite they wear or can help point me in the right direction?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    The one's that fit your feet and feel good. I would recommend going to a running store where they will evaluate your feet and your stride and let you know what type of shoes will be best for you. You'll be able to try on a lot of them and decide from there. Without knowing your feet no one can make a recommendation that will be useful. I did this in my third week or so of C25K and it made all the difference in the world - I have ganky feet and having shoes that actually worked with me really improved my running.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    try runnersworld.com. They have a tool that will allow you to enter some key info and they make a recomendation. If you head to a running store there will be plenty of people there who might help you out as well.

Happy Running:)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    It doesn't matter what any of us like. All that matters is that they fit you correctly.

Go to a running/triathlon shop and get fitted properly. If you can't do this for whatever reason, then go to a place like DSW or Famous Footwear or someplace that has all the shoes on the floor (not that you have to ask an employee to go in the back and get you your size). Try on EVERY running shoe they have. Get a feel for how they support your foot differently, how some weigh more or less, how some have more or less cushion, etc.

Get the ones that fit the best.
  • atadley
    atadley Posts: 18 Member
    I love Brooks :)
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    This...
    Good brands: Brooks, Asics, Mizuno.

The one's that fit your feet and feel good. I would recommend going to a running store where they will evaluate your feet and your stride and let you know what type of shoes will be best for you. You'll be able to try on a lot of them and decide from there. Without knowing your feet no one can make a recommendation that will be useful. I did this in my third week or so of C25K and it made all the difference in the world - I have ganky feet and having shoes that actually worked with me really improved my running.
  • Thanks guys! I did my research and went with Brooks.