Question about walking

Options
I was wondering, I went to the zoo today. I walked for about 3-4 hours. Obviously not constantly, but, mostly. I was wondering the best way to add that to my excercise. Some of it was up hill, and I was pulling a wagon. I just went WAY over on calories today and needed as much lead way as I could get since I didn't have time to work out lol. Thanks

Replies

• dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, I went to the zoo today. I walked for about 3-4 hours. Obviously not constantly, but, mostly. I was wondering the best way to add that to my excercise. Some of it was up hill, and I was pulling a wagon. I just went WAY over on calories today and needed as much lead way as I could get since I didn't have time to work out lol. Thanks
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    there is a "walking leisurely pace" or something like that in the cardio database. so say you did 3 hrs of that. you can check your calories burned by googling calories burned walking stroll or leisurely or something like that.
    better to underestimate your calories burned than over. sorry abt the overage, but just make a u-turn and do better at the next opportunity. :flowerforyou:
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thank you :drinker: And I SURE will... I just about threw up when I saw how MUCH I went over. lol. I probably ate my total weeks worth of calories today :noway: :grumble:

:laugh: Oh well, life goes on, right?

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Thank you :drinker: And I SURE will... I just about threw up when I saw how MUCH I went over. lol. I probably ate my total weeks worth of calories today :noway: :grumble:

:laugh: Oh well, life goes on, right?

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
    If your not sure about calories, always underestimate, I try to by about half...maybe more...listen to your body!!! Best to you always, Rick