Any other artists out there?

Options
Used to do photography, but with my new career my work has been focused on graphic design...

Would LOVE to get back into photography (one of the reasons for my weight loss!)

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I used to paint all the time. Like everyday I was working on a different painting. I loved it. I want to get back into it but it's hard with a 1 1/2 year old and a 5 month old, lol.

I also love to draw, I usually draw Anime style things though.

I'm hoping to convince my husband to let us buy a more professional grade camera because I would like to get into photography. For myself. I would never go professional with it, lol.
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    I'm an artist. :)
    Hoping to make a career out of it actually. I'm more into digital painting and cartoon work.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i'm a writer. working very hard at becoming one of those few who can make a living at it.
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    Yes, =) Clothing Designer and Artist here =)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of cleaning out the spare room to turn it into my art room / library. I'm super excited, and I'm a singer as well...
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I paint... oil is my favorite medium, but I use acrylics a lot as well b/c it's cheaper and dries quicker.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I paint, about once every six months. Kids Haha. I use acrylics and I like to draw and write songs and poetry. I also love DIY crafty things like the stuff on pinterest where they modge podge world maps onto dressers or make wreaths out of sheet music or novels. Just need the time to do it without the kids getting elbow deep into what I'm doing.
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Watercolorist here, I studied Art in Ireland and in Canada.. Put it aside while I was raising my daughter but came back to it in my retirement.

I did volunteer work teaching watercolor for 5 years in a little country school (in the middle of a cornfield, if you can imagine that) near where I live and loved it. Now they have closed the school and children get bussed to big schools in bigger towns.

I'm now seriously getting back into painting.
  • jessdb19
    Options
    I am glad there's others out there..being a big of an "art geek", it's nice to know I can come on here and post!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I paint and sculpt, but not as much as I should. I can at least boast that I've sold more paintings in my life than Van Gogh did in his.

I prefer the look of oils, but the convenience of acrylics.
  • jessdb19
    Options
    So, anyone want to post anything they're proud of?

Its a slow Monday here and I'd love to see some creative stuff!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Would LOVE to get back into photography (one of the reasons for my weight loss!)

Funny enough, that was one of my motivations. If I got in better shape, I could go for hikes to get cooler pics... And then that changed into, if I get into better shape, I can fish all day, walking along the shores of the Montreal... Hahah.

I don't know if I think of myself as an artist. I am creative, sometimes, and my outlet is music and photography. Just hobbies, though. And programming, as my job, but that's less creative now than it was when it was just a hobby.

Edit: just saw your last post asking for some samples, so here are some of my 2011 pics (seems they are cut off a bit, might want to right-click and go to View Image or whatever in your particular browser so you can see the full pic):

263598_10150296102065928_728810927_9419467_5732944_n.jpg

263883_10150296100420928_728810927_9419419_6714462_n.jpg

270558_10150296101295928_728810927_9419445_3289195_n.jpg

261944_10150300910705928_728810927_9471124_7023352_n.jpg
  • Leslie271323
    Options
    I'm a photographer and I love it! Always been a hobby, but made it my profession about a year ago!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple of years ago to go with a few asian antiques/artwork we had, and needed another large piece for the living room wall.
    IMAG0101.jpg
  • Hartmowen
    Options
    Interior & Graphic Designer Here :):):)
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    I am also a Graphic Designer/Photographer

just starting out though, second term in school,

here is my website if you are interested :)

berlynnmacpherson.com
  • Kaelabaela
    Options
    I'm an artist as well, a makeup artist for film and commercial.
    I do fashion, beauty, natural, character, and special effects. Very fun career to have but hard work as a freelancer!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was a high school art teacher for 4 years and I do freelance portraits, pet portraits, and pursue my own work. Mine tends to be more in the vein of illustration. I've gotten married so my name has changed, but here's my old website:

http://www.freewebs.com/goochillustration
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used to paint and had a painting tour New York for a year when I was 14. Then i switched to photography in high school. I was doing alot of photography for local bands and DJs in Kansas City until last year when I had to have knee surgery.
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bigtime artist here, too! I do a little of everything: photography, drawing, painting, sculpting, calligraphy, knitting, crochet, graphic design and so much more! If it involves being creative...I can't get enough. Actually have a business that I'm very proud of:smile:

Check it out if you like: www.dmkbdesigns.com