Water and heartburn?

Options
blink1021
blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
Thought I was crazy, but occasionally every once in awhile I would get heartburn from just drinking water not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the following article helped me out and gave me some ideas. :happy:

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/water-heartburn

Replies

• thickmomma0519
    Options
    I'll give you something weirder. I absolutely cannot stand plain water. So when I do decide to drink water, no matter what I add to it i.e. crystal light, the first three days of drinking it I am sick as a dog, it feels like being pregnant all over again. And it happens every time I start back drinking water. After those 3 days I become adjusted and I'm perfectly fine after that. I joke with my husband telling him I'm allergic!!!:laugh:
  • Shan605
    Options
    Thought I was crazy, but occasionally every once in awhile I would get heartburn from just drinking water not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the following article helped me out and gave me some ideas. :happy:

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/water-heartburn

I drink over a gallon a day and i on occasion will get heartburn from it.
  • cassstocker
    cassstocker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can be attributed to the ph level of the water. If it a lower ph it may interfere with the acidity in the body and cause heartburn. Also eating too much and then drinking liquids can cause the acid to want to com back up out of the stomach.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'll give you something weirder. I absolutely cannot stand plain water. So when I do decide to drink water, no matter what I add to it i.e. crystal light, the first three days of drinking it I am sick as a dog, it feels like being pregnant all over again. And it happens every time I start back drinking water. After those 3 days I become adjusted and I'm perfectly fine after that. I joke with my husband telling him I'm allergic!!!:laugh:

Crystal Light has quite a bit of citric acid. The PH for CL Raspberry Lemonade is 2.77 . Water generally has a PH from 6.5 to 8.5 (higher is less acidic). 7 would be neutral. Citric acid is a definite trigger for me, this is why my soda of choice is Diet A&W......lowest acid out there (4.53).

Interesting article.........