I <3 Atkins Diet!

Options
That's right I said It! I have lost 100 pounds, and I feel great. I'm healthy and my doctor is so proud!

It's so sad, I know not everyone needs to do low carb diets to lose weight. I see so many people post on here, "I'm staying under my calories, working out like crazy, and I'm not losing at all, or I'm hardly losing anything, or I'm cranky, I'm craving junk" But no one attributes it to carbs...And then I see people reply and say things like "well you must not be counting your calories correctly" or "drink more water" or "your losing inches not weight" things like that.... I wish I could share with everyone the awesomeness of low carb living! And how it works with those of us who's bodies don't process carbs well! Low calorie diets aren't the answer for everyone, and I hate the fear that goes along with the F word....FAT! Not all fat is bad people! :) That is all! LOL

Replies

• Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. I'm sure you feel better than you have in years and your medical markers (blood work, etc.) are probably close to ideal. Don't let the haters get you down, great success is to be had with Atkins and low carb in general. Giving up bad carbs and replacing them with good (no grains, mostly veggies and fruits) makes a huge difference.

Just stay on track and take any carb reintroduction slowly and back off as soon as you see signs of weight gain, some of us didn't do that and gained it back, now back to carb counting over the last year and feeling great again.
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's right I said It! I have lost 100 pounds, and I feel great. I'm healthy and my doctor is so proud!

I'm not currently on it, but I've had success and not only that, I felt 'euphoric' while on it. Could be all those good fats getting to my brain!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options

I'm not currently on it, but I've had success and not only that, I felt 'euphoric' while on it. Could be all those good fats getting to my brain!

:) I just feel extra great today. I've had so many of my friends complaining about how they feel like crap today (i'm sure from carb overload last night because of superbowl parties) But I stayed on track and I feel wonderful!!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations girl! I'm glad you found something that works for you and have so much success with it. :)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Thanks!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Amen! Love my low carb lifestyle.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Me too. It's the only thing that works for me! (Hi Dittie!!! ♥) Congrats honey on your incredible success. oxoox :flowerforyou:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First, Alisha, congratulations on your amazing accomplishment. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

I have noticed that eating low carb, high protein, high fat, has me satisfied and I don't crave junk. I feel cranky and constantly hungry when I eat a large number of carbs in a day. Here's to Atkins!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    First, Alisha, congratulations on your amazing accomplishment. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

I have noticed that eating low carb, high protein, high fat, has me satisfied and I don't crave junk. I feel cranky and constantly hungry when I eat a large number of carbs in a day. Here's to Atkins!

You are a great weight loss pal! Thank you!