Love this!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    wow she truly is inspiring!
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful lady, both inside and out!
    I love her motto!
    Determined, disciplined, dedicated. I'm gonna write that on my mirror.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes I have seen her featured in many articles....Awesome job...it definitely inspires many!
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    This is her official website if you'd like to take a look.

http://ernestineshepherd.net/?p=4
  • Iwishmethin
    Options
    one amazing lady
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've read a little bit about her - I think she's 72 if I remember correctly. But whats also amazing is she didn't start until she was 52!! Proof you're never too old to get in shape or do anything you want!
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing. That video made my day! :flowerforyou:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    am i the only one who thinks she looks gross yuck lol
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Why are people being so rude?
    How about you all post pictures of your bodies in a bikini when you are 72&let people make harsh judgements on your physique.... ?
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    Why are people being so rude?
    How about you all post pictures of your bodies in a bikini when you are 72&let people make harsh judgements on your physique.... ?

will have no intention of showing my body in a bikini at 73 and i dont no any 73 year olds that would now either, wasnt being nasty was just saying i dont think it looks nice it was an opinion :grumble:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ernie is my new heroin! WOW 74 YEARS AWESOME!! I am so much more determined than ever!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    will have no intention of showing my body in a bikini at 73 and i dont no any 73 year olds that would now either, wasnt being nasty was just saying i dont think it looks nice it was an opinion :grumble:

No, you didn't say "i don't think it looks nice", you said "gross" and "yuck". And yes, that is rude. I'm fairly certain you wouldn't be pleased if someone called you "gross" and said "yuck" about your body.

I'm starting to freakin' hate MFP. Used to be a lot more supportive, now it just seems to be a lot of nasty criticism and judgment about other peoples bodies, which surprises the hell out of me. You'd think if anybody would know what it's like to be harshly judged based on your body, it would be the people here.

I, for one, think she looks fantastic for her age and good on her for taking care of her health.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    dude,she looks awesome :) is it my ideal body type,no, but she looks a hell of a lot better than i do and i am 29!! :laugh: i just want to hug her and say thank you for being so inspirational....it's never to late to make changes!! hell yah!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I think she looks amazing and she's actually one of my inspirations. I saw her a few months back and was so impressed, not just with her physique but also with the fact that she started at 52 (is that right?) I'm 40 so that was very encouraging to me that it's never too late to start! Yes, she is older and her body isn't going to look like it could have at 20 but she looks a heck of a lot more amazing than if she'd been hanging out on the couch all those years! And I daresay, she looks a whole lot better than many of us on this site (myself being at the top of that list). I see people walking around all the time with chubby parts hanging out for all the world to see and we're going to pick on this woman who has exhibited hard work and dedication to get where she is? I'm going to finish my broccoli and go do my weights instead. :)
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I saw a pic of her in a magazine recently. I think it was Fitness RX for Her, or Muscle and Fitness Hers, possibly? Had a brief comment about her, with age etc.

So not photoshopped.

Heres an off season (non posing) photo of her, when she is not in the lower bodyfat level need for Stage/competition display. (as seen in some of the other online images)

ernestine-shepherd.jpg

Wow! She is beautiful, amazing & inspirational!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This woman looks fabulous for any age! I know a few 20 and 30 years olds who only wish they could look this good!

Watching them walk around in their belly shirts with their muffin tops spilling over their jeans is what is truly disgusting.

This woman is beautiful and is completely rockin' the bikini!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    This is not photoshop. I actually saw her on a t.v. special. She is for real.

I did too, She looks amazing !!