Need Friends, Please... < 3

Options
Hello.

I am having a very hard time getting started back on the path of wellness, weight loss, and exercise.

I have a closet full of beautiful skinny clothes (which for me, skinny is a size 10) which I purchased once I had finally lost all 130lbs I had to lose after pregnancy induced thyroid disease found me.
I have gained about 80 of that back over the last 2.5 years, in part because of emotional eating and bad food choices, sure, but mainly due to complete cessation of exercise.

Those of us with thyroid disease must move, or we will steadily gain. I know this. I should have known better.
I just lost my motivation for a little while, and then it became a longer while, and then it became too difficult to even get myself going again.

That's where I am now.
Finding myself bigger, again, and very unhappy about it.
No motivation to be active, other than intent.
A closet full of gorgeous clothes I cannot wear, which mock me.
I am uncomfortable, and so upset with myself, I could just scream.
But screaming won't help, so that is futile.

Getting on board here, committing to move my body tonight, and every night, that might help.

And also, I think that maybe if I just had some friends, if I did not have to do this alone, that might help, too...

Thanx in advance.

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I'm here to help.
  • cadams0715
    Options
    I had a very hard time getting motivated for exercise. Then I joined a weight loss program at my gym where I work out with a personal trainer once a week. That totally got me motivated! I wanted to improve every time I met with my trainer so I now work out everyday and I challenge myself. I know its hard, but once you get going, you might like it?
  • PhiaNan
    Options
    You are not the only one, in the past few months i have attempted to get back on track o many times! Today i am hoping i will stick to what i start! I only have about 20lbs left to lose but those 20lbs are the difference to me feeling comfortable with my body! Im after any motivation and encouragement i can get! I want to be in the best shape of my life by mid year! :flowerforyou: x
  • loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like... I am new here to

Trace xx
  • nik7255
    Options
    Hi Lava 1971~

I am just starting up on my fitness too. I have a low thyroid and take medication for it. You can do this! We all can...one step at a time. That's what I tell myself. I have good and bad days but I just keep trying. I started by trying to eat healthier. I pretty good during the day when I am at work but when I get home that's my toughiest time. When I am wanting to snack I try to moderate or sneak in a salad. I so understand the emotional eating. I do the same thing if I am stressed or sad. I have also started walking for twenty minutes then I moved it up to forty. I am soooo sore! :) I am not sure if I am helpful but I know you and I can do this. I am too stubborn not to be able to to this. LOL

You can add me if you would like.

Niki
  • darylinny
    Options
    Understanding where you are and the process that needs to happen is the first step. You can add me to your friends list, I'm all about the motivation. And boy to I know where you are coming from about the skinny clothes LOL!
  • MustangMac
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • susiet256
    susiet256 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. You might want to go check out coconutoil.com my sister turned me on to this site and coconut oil is suppose to take care of your health issues. I am just getting back myself, good luck!:smile::smile:
  • muleycrazytexasgirl
    Options
    Hi! You can add me! :smile:
  • brandneweyesnd
    Options
    Hi, welcome!!

I found it so irritating when I put back on all the weight I had lost just through gorging over christmas so i know how you feel! Feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck meeting your goals :-)
  • thinbluebird
    thinbluebird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there-
    Feel free to add me as your friend. I just started this 4 days ago. We all need support. You can count of me!!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well... You will get back there, it will just take hard work and time...
  • DizzieLizzie779
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I am struggling with motivation myself.
  • jillkent12
    jillkent12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I'm 23 and get discouraged when everyone else is losing around me. I'm in this for the long run! Ready to get healthy and get my life back and be the 23 year old I always knew I am!

Also looking for new friends that are willing to motivate!
    Feel free to add!
  • rhaugen
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I know there are times when we need to vent to each other. I had a hard time starting and getting motivated, but now, I think I've got it now.
  • Cheryleire
    Options
    Hi,

I just started at the beginning of January. I'm doing well with the eating part but the exercise part isn't going so well. Feel free to add me - the motivation and positive reinforcement is a big help.
  • thedrummer1978
    thedrummer1978 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! i'm new to this site and just getting started with my weight loss.
  • StephySands
    Options
    I have thyroid issues as well and I know how hard it is to lose weight and to get motivated (part of our thyroid condition). Just make sure you are on your correct dose of meds. Also, having a friend to work out with always helps and please feel free to add me as your friend. You're not alone in this battle, we will all help and cheer you along. You've done it before and you CAN do it again!

Steph :)
  • Lydeilia
    Lydeilia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :happy: You are more than welcome to add me. You are not the only one in that situation so I am glad to help motivate you if you will do the same for me!!!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You can add me! also, here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.