Very low calorie Turkey Burgers

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
I had originally posted this under the wrong topic- it belongs in "Recipes" :wink:

I made a whirlwind mess of the kitchen tonightblushing , made turkey burgers and they're fantastic...

You'll need:
1 package Shady Brook Farms 99% fat free ground turkey
Half of a bag of frozen chopped spinach
About a cup of chopped onions
About a cup of chopped mushrooms
A few squirts of spicy brown mustard
A dash of worcestershire sauce (spelling doesn't look right, but I copied it off the bottle!)
About 2 and a half tablespoons of beef bouillon (I use the sodium free kind)

Defrost, and "ring out" the spinash- I literally took it and squeezed all of the water out over the sink. Mix all ingredients, along with any spices you like (I used oregeno, garlic powder, and black pepper) in a large bowl- make sure it's mixed well. Then, make patties whatever size you like (I flattened the mixture on a cutting board and then used an upside down beer muglaugh as a cookie cutter) and cook them in a frying pan for a couple of minutes.

The turkey can be kind of dry, so by adding the mushrooms, onions and spinach they come out amazing! I do not like spinach at all- it literally makes me gag, but it has no taste in the burgers... just makes them look nice, and taste moist. I had one burger on a wheat bun, and the other just on my plate with ketchup.... they were SO GOOD!

Give it a try if it sounds good, and let me know what you think! happy

** Forgot to add, I got 12 burgers out 1 package of turkey. The package says there was 20.8 ounces, and it's 120 calories in 4 ounces. So, by my calculations, with the veggies, mustard, etc. adding very few calories to the burgers, each burger has (it's a high estimate) about 75 calories!!! Obviously, I could have made the burgers larger with more calories in each, but I had 2 for dinner and I'm full! happy

Replies

• iRun4wine
    Options
    I had originally posted this under the wrong topic- it belongs in "Recipes" :wink:

I made a whirlwind mess of the kitchen tonightblushing , made turkey burgers and they're fantastic...

You'll need:
    1 package Shady Brook Farms 99% fat free ground turkey
    Half of a bag of frozen chopped spinach
    About a cup of chopped onions
    About a cup of chopped mushrooms
    A few squirts of spicy brown mustard
    A dash of worcestershire sauce (spelling doesn't look right, but I copied it off the bottle!)
    About 2 and a half tablespoons of beef bouillon (I use the sodium free kind)

Defrost, and "ring out" the spinash- I literally took it and squeezed all of the water out over the sink. Mix all ingredients, along with any spices you like (I used oregeno, garlic powder, and black pepper) in a large bowl- make sure it's mixed well. Then, make patties whatever size you like (I flattened the mixture on a cutting board and then used an upside down beer muglaugh as a cookie cutter) and cook them in a frying pan for a couple of minutes.

The turkey can be kind of dry, so by adding the mushrooms, onions and spinach they come out amazing! I do not like spinach at all- it literally makes me gag, but it has no taste in the burgers... just makes them look nice, and taste moist. I had one burger on a wheat bun, and the other just on my plate with ketchup.... they were SO GOOD!

Give it a try if it sounds good, and let me know what you think! happy

** Forgot to add, I got 12 burgers out 1 package of turkey. The package says there was 20.8 ounces, and it's 120 calories in 4 ounces. So, by my calculations, with the veggies, mustard, etc. adding very few calories to the burgers, each burger has (it's a high estimate) about 75 calories!!! Obviously, I could have made the burgers larger with more calories in each, but I had 2 for dinner and I'm full! happy
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    YUM - sounds great! :flowerforyou:
  • GOmaggieGO
    Options
    WOW, these sound good. I'm going to make them this weekend!
  • cheriepower
    Options
    Another idea to avoid dryness is to use salsa.My son loves this as a turkey burger or as a turkey meatloaf
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    This was really good. My fiance doesn't like mushrooms so I just used spinach and seasoned them with grill seasoning and a little crushed red pepper. He usually doesn't like when I add weird stuff to normal food, like adding the spinach, but I made small patties and he had two.:smile:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Awesome!

I've been living off of them :smile: Absolutely love 'em!