What did you think of Madonna's Half-time performance?

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I switched over to Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl for the halftime show. The kittens were so cute!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Ok...sorry to sound thick but what are "bleachers"?
    Im british and have never heard this saying before
    Thanks
    Lisa

They're the stands that people sit in.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Oh...haha
    Thanks very much :-)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people's negative attitudes about lip-synching. It is next to impossible to get a good audio signal to your television for something like that. It's hard to get good live audio for those in attendance. Also, most people cannot sing and dance very well. Many can do one or the other, but both at the same time is very difficult to pull off live.

Whether you like Madonna or not, this was a SHOW, not a singing performance. She entertained. I understand that lip-synching seems fake and "cheating" - and to some extent it is. But the performance was about the show. And I think she delivered.

I'm disappointed about MIA's choice to flip the bird, though. Not because (gasp!) it's inappropriate and our children's minds could be destroyed, but because her actions are being talked about more than the performance. I'm a big MIA fan, but wish she hadn't done that. Although it is comical how prudish we all are.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan anyways!! Now you put a group like Metallica or Van Halen I would have loved it!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    at 53 she can still rock it !!! she moves better than some 20 year olds ! I thought it was fantastic !
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Overall, I just didn't like it. It was all over the place. The whole cheerleader thing felt childish and the end message of "world peace" was out of place with the rest of the performance. The lip synching didn't bother me in itself (think about BEP's horrible sound last year) but the fact that someone with so much experience couldn't get her timing correct on it did. It wasn't polished or professional at all, IMHO. I think the fact that she had to have 4 other performers on stage with her says a lot. Especially when many people seem to have liked the guest performers more than her.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan anyways!! Now you put a group like Metallica or Van Halen I would have loved it!!!

I'd watch that! I mean Van Halen would be all cool because they just got David Lee Roth back. Or Queen, seriously, why not Queen?!?!
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    IMO: Absolutely HORRIBLE! I think Nicki Minaj, Cee Lo Green, and LMFAO made it better, but Madonna needs to hang 'em up. Her career is washed up. (Was much better in the 80's but now she's a has been.)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I liked it. It was overall entertaining which is what it was meant to be. I think Madonna looks awesome for her age and some past performers really would have been better off lip synching. I don't know who MIA is and missed the finger - not that I really care... She probably just wanted to be talked about - and that's what everyone is doing so...
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

I'd watch that! I mean Van Halen would be all cool because they just got David Lee Roth back. Or Queen, seriously, why not Queen?!?!

Because without Freddie Mercury the queen is dead.
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    She's getting to old to be putting on a show like she did.., c'mon pom pom's? She looked retarted. Surprised she didn't break something with her bleacher routine.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The lipsynching was not good, but she looked amazing. I agree about the cheerleader thing being too 'young' for her now, but after the Black Eyed Peas made me want to gouge my eardrums out last year, I thought it was entertaining for the most part.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *yawn*
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I really liked the performance. I wish she didn't lipsync but overall it was good. The light show that accompanied the performance was great from the aerial view. M.I.A. didn't have to flip off the audience though lol.

SHE LIPSYNCED?!?!?@?@!/!@?!/21?12?!?!
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    My husband and I watched her fall off the bleachers a couple times with our DVR...excellent stuff, right there!

haha so did we.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people's negative attitudes about lip-synching. It is next to impossible to get a good audio signal to your television for something like that. It's hard to get good live audio for those in attendance. Also, most people cannot sing and dance very well. Many can do one or the other, but both at the same time is very difficult to pull off live.

Whether you like Madonna or not, this was a SHOW, not a singing performance. She entertained. I understand that lip-synching seems fake and "cheating" - and to some extent it is. But the performance was about the show. And I think she delivered.

I'm disappointed about MIA's choice to flip the bird, though. Not because (gasp!) it's inappropriate and our children's minds could be destroyed, but because her actions are being talked about more than the performance. I'm a big MIA fan, but wish she hadn't done that. Although it is comical how prudish we all are.

THIS ^
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch it. I turn to the Puppy Bowl at halftime. The puppies and kitties are so cute!

This is what I should have done! Instead I subjected myself to that horrible half-time show! I thought it was awful meanwhile all my friends on facebook were saying "Best Half-time Show Ever" or "Madonna Rocked"...I felt like I was in the twilight zone...clearly we weren't watching the same show!
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It was good.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    She looked scared s***less. The best part was the end.