30 day shred

Options
Can someone please tell me what this is? I have never heard of this until I joined mfp about a month ago and I am curious.

Replies

• AngelEyes127
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a DVD called 30 Day Shred. It literally transforms your body in 30 days and different levels by incorporating circuit training. It's actually quite fun and results do vary. Most people will lose inches and weight, some don't lose weight, just inches, but it definitely works and has great reviews.

I highly recommend it!

Hope this helps you out a little! :smile:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a DVD called 30 Day Shred. It literally transforms your body in 30 days and different levels by incorporating circuit training. It's actually quite fun and results do vary. Most people will lose inches and weight, some don't lose weight, just inches, but it definitely works and has great reviews.

I highly recommend it!

Thanks, makes sense now!
  • aekermans
    aekermans Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did it about a year ago and even following the 'easy' example I lost 11" in the 30 days. I am not in great shape by any means and I was able to do it every day. Of course for the first few days I could hardly move the next day, but that went away.
  • patriciacook
    Options
    May have to modify some of the exercises. Until your up to them.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started it in Janaury, hurt my back, stopped and am going to have to start from the beginning.

At 45, I have a few shall we call them "bladder issues". Women around my age may relate, so it's hard for me to do the jumping jacks and running in place that she does. I try to continue on with the lunges and punches in their place. I walk on my treadmill so I'm still getting my heart rate up. Then I do extra ab workouts when I'm finished which is my focus area....

Hoping this works though! Any suggestions are welcome.. :ohwell:
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I highly recommend it!

^^What she said^^
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for well over 30 days, and I spent most of that time on level 1, because I'm 45 and not in terribly good shape. I have lost 8 pounds since I started the shred, and several inches. I just moved up to level two this morning, because I don't move up a level until I can do all of the previous one. I start out with the easy versions and light weights, and gradually move up until I can do every move every time, and usually with heavier (8lb) weights. I love this workout, even when I feel frustrated that I am not as fit as I used to be. I'm also not as fit as I'm GOING to be, thanks partially to Jillian. I highly recommend it!
  • nadjamilo
    nadjamilo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ttrussell, I have had the same prolapse/incontinence issues until I started using the Kegelmaster. Highly recommend that. Fears of jumping and high intensity exercise will vanish. Check it out. Good luck!
  • Angelmlevingston
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and I've already lost 4 inches total !!!!
  • mwoosley
    mwoosley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much time does it take to do the workout each day?
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just stated the shred today, day 1= the hardest 20 minutes of my life, I def feel every muscle I worked. I will continue, b/c so many people have had awesome results!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options

only 20 minutes!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 6 of Level One for me and I agree, the first few days were intense. They still are as I do my best to keep up and I have added heavier weights.
    I highly recommend it, I'm already seeing a difference in the way my clothes lay and my energy level is through the roof. :flowerforyou:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

only 20 minutes!

With warm up and cool down, it's closer to 25 mins, but they zip by!
  • cbn711
    Options
    I like it because it only takes 20 minutes, but it is hard work!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Compared to her other DVDs I have to say that the shred is by far the easiest! If you are looking to up your game try Ripped in 30 or her newest one Extreme Shed and Shred which are similar, but can be done with heavier weights! I love all of her DVDs and definitely recommend them especially if you're just starting out!
  • tjordan74
    tjordan74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the 30 day shred do you do each level by themselves or do you build you to doing them together?
  • tjordan74
    tjordan74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started the shred Day 2 level 1 My question is do i only do one level a day or do you build on as you go?::huh:
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Starting 30 day shred today! :)
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I am on day 9 of the 30DS and I have lost 2 lbs and many inches. I don't know the exact number of inches because I am holding out until 30 days to measure. But, I can tell a difference and so can my co-workers. My pants won't stay up today. LOVE IT!!