reapeats on this site

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
Like most forums people should search the database to see if your questions have already been answered-

Rather than posting the same questions over and over and over again.

#1 on this site everyone has a diff opinion regarding eating exercise calories- find what works best for you

#2 if its something you do often don't count it as exercise

#3 the machines and the calorie burned calculater on websites and in the gym are wrong and are just estimates so you will need to get a HRM to really know what you are burning

#4 yes you need to drink water- not just for weightloss (and drinking tons of water will not make you lose weight its better than drinking your calories and since you are working out you will be replenshing your system)

#5 you can gain weight if you eat too much of anything whether its good or bad

#6 too much protein can make you gain weight- example if your body only needs 95 grams and your taking in way more than that your body will convert the other grams into fat because it doesn't need them.

#7 calories can't get rolled over and you can't hold them for a special occasion-

#8 you don't have to deprive yourself of anything its all about portion control and moderation- if you want a piece of cake (that means 1) make sure it fits in your allotted calories for the day.

#9 strength training is just as important as cardio if you want to do cardio first than weights thats fine or vice versus you have to find what works best for you.

#10- MFP just like any other website is just a guide you may need to tweak it to your individual needs and if you have questions on why you aren't losing in a decent amount of time (not just a week or 2 but like after a month) than maybe you need to make an appt with your doctor and see a nutrionist and get a metabolic test to really see how many calories your need to survive and how many calories you are really burning a day.

#11- muscle DOESN'T weigh more than fat a lb is lb- muscle just takes up less space so it looks smaller thats how you can lose inches and the scale not move but if you convert to muscle than you can look like you dropped 10-15lbs even though the scale didn't move a bit.

#12- if you have 10-20lbs or less to lose it isn't going to happen fast at all those are the toughest pounds

#13- if you treat yourself that isn't cheating dust yourself off and stay on track. 1 day won't hurt your weight loss its constant bad choices that slow or stop your weight loss and can make you gain

#14 too much fiber at once can have a the opposite effect- you need to increase your fiber slowly :ohwell:

thats just a few that came off the top of my head- :smokin:

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    Like most forums people should search the database to see if your questions have already been answered-

Rather than posting the same questions over and over and over again.

#1 on this site everyone has a diff opinion regarding eating exercise calories- find what works best for you

#2 if its something you do often don't count it as exercise

#3 the machines and the calorie burned calculater on websites and in the gym are wrong and are just estimates so you will need to get a HRM to really know what you are burning

#4 yes you need to drink water- not just for weightloss (and drinking tons of water will not make you lose weight its better than drinking your calories and since you are working out you will be replenshing your system)

#5 you can gain weight if you eat too much of anything whether its good or bad

#6 too much protein can make you gain weight- example if your body only needs 95 grams and your taking in way more than that your body will convert the other grams into fat because it doesn't need them.

#7 calories can't get rolled over and you can't hold them for a special occasion-

#8 you don't have to deprive yourself of anything its all about portion control and moderation- if you want a piece of cake (that means 1) make sure it fits in your allotted calories for the day.

#9 strength training is just as important as cardio if you want to do cardio first than weights thats fine or vice versus you have to find what works best for you.

#10- MFP just like any other website is just a guide you may need to tweak it to your individual needs and if you have questions on why you aren't losing in a decent amount of time (not just a week or 2 but like after a month) than maybe you need to make an appt with your doctor and see a nutrionist and get a metabolic test to really see how many calories your need to survive and how many calories you are really burning a day.

#11- muscle DOESN'T weigh more than fat a lb is lb- muscle just takes up less space so it looks smaller thats how you can lose inches and the scale not move but if you convert to muscle than you can look like you dropped 10-15lbs even though the scale didn't move a bit.

#12- if you have 10-20lbs or less to lose it isn't going to happen fast at all those are the toughest pounds

#13- if you treat yourself that isn't cheating dust yourself off and stay on track. 1 day won't hurt your weight loss its constant bad choices that slow or stop your weight loss and can make you gain

#14 too much fiber at once can have a the opposite effect- you need to increase your fiber slowly :ohwell:

thats just a few that came off the top of my head- :smokin:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOL, frustrated much mrsyac? :tongue:

I feel your pain.

But I agree, people do tend to just ask questions without seeing if an answer has already been posted.
    a lot of the tech forums I'm on explicitly state to search the forums before asking a question, and moderators will actually delete threads if they are already covered. I'm not saying we should go that far, but it does bring up the larger issue of maybe getting a slightly more advanced and noticable search function. Like maybe mike should put it into the template so that all pages have a search button for quick access. If nothing else it would keep it in people's heads that they can search for a topic before posting.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    In fact, I think I'll suggest that. It shouldn't be too much work to add that functionality, since he already has the code in place.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that these are all things I learned over the course of the 16 months it took me to lose 135 lbs. And they are rules I live by today. Every single one!

There is a wealth of information out there. If you are on MFP, then you have internet access and by informing yourself of the facts when it comes to eating healthy, exercise and losing weight..you will succeed.

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

One I would like to add is:

PERIODS: As women, we have monthly periods and these DO affect weight but only for a brief time. If you just understand it and accept it and don't let it stress you out (even when the scale moves up and down because of it), then you will get through it. It just is what it is!! However, I found that by exercising regularly and drinking plenty of water, the "water weight/bloat" was greatly reduced. By keeping yourself hydrated, the water will move through your body easier and won't be held on to as much!
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Thanks you, most excellent advice!!!! Best to you always, Rick
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    Sorry but I like posting my questions. :tongue: I find that when I have a question and I see a post on it, the answers are helpful but I also know that there are new members every day and so they might have different answers that could be very helpful. And there are SO many posts to look through....I don't really want to have to search around forever.

But if it's a pretty general question, i'll be sure to look it up first :bigsmile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure how to search topics since I didn't see a "search" button. What's the best way to do that?
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I wasn't sure how to search topics since I didn't see a "search" button. What's the best way to do that?

when you click community tab the search bar is right at the top
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I can honestly say that these are all things I learned over the course of the 16 months it took me to lose 135 lbs. And they are rules I live by today. Every single one!

There is a wealth of information out there. If you are on MFP, then you have internet access and by informing yourself of the facts when it comes to eating healthy, exercise and losing weight..you will succeed.

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

One I would like to add is:

PERIODS: As women, we have monthly periods and these DO affect weight but only for a brief time. If you just understand it and accept it and don't let it stress you out (even when the scale moves up and down because of it), then you will get through it. It just is what it is!! However, I found that by exercising regularly and drinking plenty of water, the "water weight/bloat" was greatly reduced. By keeping yourself hydrated, the water will move through your body easier and won't be held on to as much!

that is why I only weigh myself 3 weeks out of a month- I may hop on during but I don't log it I just like to see how much of a fluctuation I am having
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    interesting info, some i already knew and a few others i didn't

Thanks!