Insanity for 2 weeks and no weight loss/gain

Options
2»

Replies

• dmb1970
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for three weeks now and nothing. I eat right and write down my calorie eaten every day.
  • soonrryan
    soonrryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only lost a couple lbs doing Insanity, but I was in very good shape. I could see the change in the mirror, more than on the scale. I've been wanting to get back to it, but just haven't made the time.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Stop sandbagging.
  • Lebowski14
    Options

I have been using up (eating) my "net" calories gained from the workout.

There's your problem. Don't trust the "calorie burn" estimates you get from your device. Unless you're hooked up to a VO2max metabolic cart, those numbers are best taken with a microscopic grain of salt.

Go figure out your basal metabolic rate. Google "schofield BMR calculator"
    Eat 10-25% less than that per day. If you do that, plus Insanity, there is no mathematical way you can avoid losing weight.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm actually glad you guys brought this up. Is it really as good as the reviews say? What about people who have injuries, I have a lumbar injury. Is this something I can work my way up to full fledged? Thanks!!
    I would say this program probably isnt for you it is high impact and could irritate any injury
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of Insanity early in the year and lost 25 poinds overall but it was not at a steady rate. During the first two weeks of each month, I never lost anything. The second two weeks I lost some, but not drastic. The real loss came during the recovery week. I dropped almost five pounds both times. I also lost a few pounds the week after I finished the program each time.

I think there's a lot of swelling going on from the soreness. That needs to wind down and your body will let go of the fluid. I could be wrong on the cause though...