Workout music

Options
Hi everyone,

I know that music plays a crucial role for me in working out and staying motivated on those days when I don't want to do anything! I'm always looking for new music. What are your favorite workout songs?

Replies

• loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have just purchased from itunes 101 running songs... it is great and has a brilliant beat for working out.

I use it all the time.

Good luck

Trace xx
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora Workout Radio stations - they have several to choose from.
  • Peggianne
    Options
    I burned a CD with my favourite 70s (and some 80s) tunes. I've likely listened to it over 500 times since I made it and I'll never get sick of those song! They really make me move!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I looked up a podcast made for runners called Podrunner on itunes....it goes with you from warm up to peak to cool down. I normally just listen to songs on my ipod that are upbeat like hip hope and house, but when I get inevitably tired of them I turn to the podcast! It will keep your energy going and you will not be bored:flowerforyou:
  • loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sounds a good mix, love 70s and 80s music... at least you can understand the songs..

oh dear, am I sounding old :(
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash and Def Leppard...ain't THAT a combo??:laugh:
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Love the pandora workout stations but hate limited ability to skip. Came across the jango app and have been trying it out. Pretty much the exact same as pandora, but they allow unlimited song skipping. I really like the selections so far.
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    bump
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!! I never thought to find a workout station on Pandora! Thanks!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Any Big Black, Bad Brains or classic rock compilations, Leonard Cohen for the cool down.
  • robinpickles
    robinpickles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Rick Springfield..... gets me going EVERYTIME! =) ehhehehehe
  • karmston
    Options
    You need to checkout rockmyrun.com; they have a ton of awesome running mixes you can sort by genre, BPM, etc. Never been much of a runner, but with these tracks I can't wait to get out on the road!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood I guess, but I will listen to anything. Depends on if I'm doing work out videos or doing stuff on my own if I listen to music. As long as it's upbeat, it seems to keep me going. I've been doing some Richard Simmons workouts, and I find myself singing along with them while I'm doing the workout...ok, not really singing, but huffing and puffing the words.
  • WillJaques
    Options
    I still use the stuff I listened to a decade ago. A bit of Alkaline Trio and Greenday never hurt anybody. When "This Could Be Love" plays I honestly can't stop running. :-)
  • CSummers316
    Options
    Mostly Metal or hard rock here during the weight training and cardio, with a little hip hop mixed in. As my finish strong song on the elliptical, nothing seems to beat "Not Afraid" by Eminem... then for the cooldown period, I hit up some Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli.
  • Lisamc76
    Options
    The trainspotting soudtrack is perfect. Songs go from slower for warm up to fast for cardio in the middle, to slower again for cool down.
  • gary8964
    Options
    Generally hard driven classic rock.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I download Russ Parr's Mixes from the morning show. Most are upbeat mixes. :happy:
  • kcalabama
    Options
    I love Nickelback,POD, and green day to work out too, and any song off Final Fantasy VII LOL My instructors use all kinds of different Dance music - so I've sort of enjoy anything that has a good beat and is uplifting.
  • kcalabama
    Options
    That's a cool mix :-)