Fat2Fit radio calculations

Options
1235»

Replies

• JakinsandPeykins
    Options

BTW, there are women on here eating over 1600 calories: but only the smart ones.

^^This! Love it :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    So according to Fit2Fat, my goal weight's sedentary calorie intake is 1756. I workout 4 days a week. Should I leave it on 1756 and then eat back my exercise calories?

You could, or eat between the range of 1756 and the next activity level up.
    And then not eat my exercise calories?

right. depends on your activity level. if you have a consistent schedule of exercise, you will be fine just going with TDEE, however if you are inconsistent with exercise, you will be better off to go with BMR plus exercise calories if you are still looking to lose, or maybe BMR + 250 + exercise calories; just tweak it for you.

The ideal situation is to maximize the calories that you can eat without gaining weight. Also, a lot depends on what type of exercise you do.

In my case I find that while heavy weight lifting creates a relatively small cardio burn (about 250), it requires MUCH more high-protein high-calorie fuel (food) than a 600-calorie-burn in spin. In my case, I will eat the same 1850-2271 each day, regardless of whether I lift and burn 250, spin and burn 600, or rest and burn nothing. For me the actual amount I eat between 1850-2271 is purely dictated by hunger. If I want 2200 on rest day and 1850 on spin day, so be it. BTW, my BMR is 1317.

I am eating more now lifting 3x week and cardio appx 3 hours week, than when I used to only do cardio 13.5 hours per week. I have not gained, and am hopefully recompositioning (is that a word?) my body to increase lean muscle % and decrease body fat%.

Edit: interestingly, when I was doing 13.5 hours/week cardio (prior to a ski accident on Feb 5th), I would have categorized myself in the very active category. However since starting heavy weight training and drastically reducing the number of hours I work out, I actually find that my 6 hours/week current training is WAY more strenuous and requires way more protein and food than my old 13.5 hour schedule. The type of training you do makes a difference.
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    Is the 1756 the BMR for a 150 pound female of my age then?

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1756
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2012
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2268
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2524
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2780
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2780

1756 is your TDEE if you don't exercise or do a lot of walking. If you look at the webpage, it will say according to the harris benedict formula, your bmr will be XXX.. But it should be about 1463.
  • eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options

1756 is your TDEE if you don't exercise or do a lot of walking. If you look at the webpage, it will say according to the harris benedict formula, your bmr will be XXX.. But it should be about 1463.

So what do you think I should set my calories at? I do cardio 3-4 times a week, usually 30-60 minutes a pop.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Great thread, I'm going to try this!! One question... I still want to track here on MFP and am curious what ratio of protein/carbs/fat you all have set?
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    double post..oops!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I'm going to try this!! One question... I still want to track here on MFP and am curious what ratio of protein/carbs/fat you all have set?
    For fat loss plans set up macros to 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbs. This % is only because MFP wont allow single %.
    I found the info from here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
    :flowerforyou:
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not sure exactly how this program puts it but I was reading around on the forum and found a group called eat more to lose weight and I raised my calories based on those cals (I think the information was from the New Rules of Lifting for Women) and I have seen results just with bumping my cals up. I went from 1200 to 1600. This Fat 2 Fit states I should eat about 1705.

I also had a Bod Pod body fat testing done. I entered my measurements into the calculator using the Military Body Fat Calculator and my results were pretty similar to the output I received. However the Bailey Body Fat test was different by 5%.

Not telling anyone what to do or believe just sharing my experience