Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise on your cheat day?

there are stinking cheat days!!!

what do you mean?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i don't cheat- but then again I don't deprive myself for me to have to cheat.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL I exercise twice as hard on my cheat days.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Okay...tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party. I don't know what will be served, but I know it's not going to necessarily be healthy and will include cake. Since I don't normally eat like that, I would consider that a cheat. So, should I exercise tomorrow or consider that a day off? I haven't had a day off since last Saturday.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Okay...tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party. I don't know what will be served, but I know it's not going to necessarily be healthy and will include cake. Since I don't normally eat like that, I would consider that a cheat. So, should I exercise tomorrow or consider that a day off? I haven't had a day off since last Saturday.
    well birthdays especially mine, are not cheat days,,,they are special occasions,,,,just work out more and dont go crazy,,,,have fun ...but a cheat day is cheating....your not a cheater are you? :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    well birthdays especially mine, are not cheat days,,,they are special occasions,,,,just work out more and dont go crazy,,,,have fun ...but a cheat day is cheating....your not a cheater are you? :laugh:
    How do you think I got through HS Physics and Calc?!? LOL :blushing:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Always.

ETA~ If you exercise you won't feel bad about "cheating." But if you don't - think how crummy you're gonna feel. :sad:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My current motto is "just say no to birthday cake" LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options

I would definitely work out on the day of the birthday! You won't feel as guilty eating something there (like a piece of cake) knowing you worked hard and earned it. Maybe you could take a day off on one of your healthier days. Think of it like you're trying to even everything out....work out hard on days you know there will be unhealthy obstacles, and even it out by giving yourself your rest day on a healthy planned out day.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :tongue:
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Consider it a chance to practice a little self discipline if you really want to reach your goals.

Eat something healthy so you won't be famished, exercise as normal and PLAN to have a sliver of cake - no one is going to hold a gun to your head, LOL.

I think cheat days are too easy and too much of a slippery slope for me, so I don't have any. If I want to have something off the plan, then I PLAN for it and I don't have wopping serving.

Hope this helps!
    :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would exercise on that day and enjoy yourself in moderation.
    I love food too much to not ever be able to have "treats"
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I'm going to take my rest day today and workout before the party tomorrow. I should be able to burn off cake and extras. However, if it's not my fave kind of cake (white with white icing), I might just resist altogether.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    are you asking if you should take an off day from working out.

or if you should eat whatever your want?

I don't do cheat days of going crazy on food- but I do have off days from the gym.

My birthday was tuesday and I still ate cake but in moderation and stayed within my calories
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I don't have a full cheat day... I have a cheat meal, which is dinner most of the time, once a week.

for the rest of the day, I do what I normally do- exercise and eating the way I usually do. it's just that one meal that isn't what it should be.

so I guess if you're having a whole cheat day, it depends on what you want to do. if I had a whole cheat day, I'd still exercise. I don't know. it just keeps me motivated.