Fat-urday!!!!!!!!! Dr Oz food Cheat day

Options

Replies

• amyfrey2011
    Options
    I totally agree with one day a week of no diet! I started Jan 3rd 2012 & I am down 15 lbs. I eat 1200 cals & walk 3 to 6 miles every day except one which I call my fat day.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Literally salivating at my computer watching this LOL
  • lilfurson
    Options
    Last night I ate pretty bad at a Super Bowl Party and the scale let me know it by going up 4 pounds. I don't think I could handle that shock once a week.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    drozquack.png
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I dvr'd this and just watched it this morning....I usually do a treat meal once a week (which was today's lunch) and since I've increased my calories i've dropped 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'll do one meal a week, not one day... I can do a LOT of damage in one day... :smile: It's best for me to do one meal...
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I was very disappointed in this so called "cheat day". If that's what I'm going to eat while "cheating" I'd hate to see the "diet days".
    The three ladies had it right to begin with when they were given their choice of what to eat, and then they were made to feel foolish about it.
    Listen to me you three ladies, I eat those kinds of foods; donuts, ice cream, pizza, and whatever else I want every single week and I'm in the best shape of my life.
    Dr. Oz was on the right track but he fell far short of what needs to be done to actually increase metabolism and kill cravings that us overweight people tend to have. With me instead of "cheating" with 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt and 10 almonds, you go to Dairy Queen and get a large blizzard. One day a week eat what you REALLY want and that's how you spike your metabolism!
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do one meal a week as well. A whole day leads to excessive calorie intake. It works great for me and gives me something to look forward to, so I do good all week.
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've always had Fat Friday. It's the end of the week, I've worked hard. I deserve a treat. :)
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    drozquack.png

yup
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people still use the world CHEAT , even if it is Dr. Oz.
  • Russellb97
    Options
    I can't believe people still use the world CHEAT , even if it is Dr. Oz.

I know ,cheat is negative and so is FAT-urday.

Taking a day off and eating what you love, and specifically a surplus of calories is outstanding for weight loss and fitness. There is nothing negative about it.

Spike Day

It spikes leptin levels, and spikes metabolism. Positive and fun.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So when you all have your cheat day do you still record what you eat?
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    once a week i have an oh Henry bar, or i fit some pizza in, cause if i don't i will go crazy and want to eat a whole pizza lol
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Yeah, do you?????????????????????????????????
  • Russellb97
    Options

I used to all the time, I wanted to make sure I was between 5-6k calories. Now I just kind of know where I am because I've had around 400 Spike Day's in the past several years. :happy:

Spike Day equals 2X(BMR) for the calorie goal
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks I missed this show
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Not pleased when I stepped on the scale this morning. "Cheat Days" stress me out.
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Exactly. Not pleased when I stepped on the scale this morning. "Cheat Days" stress me out.

Don't step on the scale the next day then. This is about long-term success not a quick fix. I tell people to weigh in once a week the morning of their spike day. It's much more reliable.