Congratulations McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't know WHY they made this change. My kids never have had fries in their happy meal, now I have to say 'No fries'. But I also ask for two apple packs instead, and have always been accommodated. What a waste of packaging to put 4 stinking slices in that tiny package.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has their Fresco line of Tacos, which is a lot less calories then a burger. You can get their Fresco soft chicken Taco for 150 Calories. Two of them and I am satisfied with my fast food fix:-) Only wish they carried unsweet ice tea. One of the few places that doesn't.

Ah I forgot about that...it's been awhile since I've been but they don't carry unsweetened either.

I'm pretty sure the "Fresco" line isn't available here in WA...or maybe I just never noticed it...

You can do Fresco in WA, Sometimes it is on the menu sometimes it isn't, because it's just a style you can get your meals in. You can ask for almost any taco or burrito fresco style.

Also, I've gotten unsweetened iced tea at Taco Time before, it's called the Gold Peak Iced Tea, but then again I think Taco Time franchises so not all locations might have it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    How about they just ... give you an apple?
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has their Fresco line of Tacos, which is a lot less calories then a burger. You can get their Fresco soft chicken Taco for 150 Calories. Two of them and I am satisfied with my fast food fix:-) Only wish they carried unsweet ice tea. One of the few places that doesn't.

Our Taco Bell carries unsweet iced tea...it might be a regional thing. I don't think any restaurant or fast food place in this area doesn't carry it.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a restaurant, fast food or otherwise that doesn't offer unsweetened ice tea.

Arby's and Taco Time (I think taco time is a Washington thing). Neither offer unsweetened iced tea. Only that raspberry Lipton brisk crap.

Ok, I am in the Midwest (St Louis area) and I haven't eaten at an Arby's in probably 10 years and I have never heard of Taco Time.

Yeah Taco Time is a NW thing I believe...it's like Taco Bell but made with actual food. :D

I love Arby's and can usually find something relatively low cal...but the tea thing drives me nuts.

I live in the South, home of real Sweet Tea (made with hot sugar/tea syrup before adding water) but I am lucky that our Arbys has unsweet tea! Must be a regional thing.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i thought mc d's changed their happy meals everywhere? here when i got my son one last time it had just a tiny thing of fries, not a reg small anymore,a yogurt and apples plus his chicken nuggets and a milk. I thought they were replacing half of the fries with a yogurt and apples everywhere?
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You can request "just apples" in the happy meals and you"ll get two bags of apples. Before you had to choose, now you get both but they are half the size they were.

This. And if you get just a hamburger, cheeseburger or 4 piece nugget happy meal, you get a smaller size of fries [not the dollar ones], where literally like 5 fries can fit in there.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Can you supersize to a whole apple?

LOL
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is so sad
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Four slices are more than enough for a 6 year old.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was so, so happy when we went to McDonald's the other day and I asked my son if he wanted fries or apples. He chose apples! He's a big french fry nut (hmm wonder where he gets that from :blushing: ) but he will tear up some apples. The cheeseburger is usually the last thing he's interested in. And I just will flat out never get him chicken nuggets anymore.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It's sad to only have four apples....on the other hand most people probably picked only the fries before. Maybe their kids will eat the fries & apples now for a healthier lunch!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

^ ahaha
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only adult that orders happy meals.
  • lchovet
    Options
    I got a cheeseburger happy meal on sat and it had a tiny little thing of fries and probably 5 apple slices. It was still 435 calories for the meal (300 for cheeseburger, 100 for the minifries, 35 for the apples, I drank water). It just makes you wonder what they put into it to make it so high in calories.

Most of the calories come from the processed white bread bun. a McDouble( 2 patties, 1 Cheese) only has 80 more calories than the regular cheeseburger.
  • lchovet
    Options

^ ahaha

You can ask for double apples no fries. My 4 yr old won't eat fries :-)
  • KumariM
    Options
    Here in Portugal you can choose to have carrot sticks or soup in your happy meal instead of fries ;p (and salad or soup in the mcmenus)
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Four slices are more than enough for a 6 year old.

What? 4 slices are not enough for my 3 year old.

I'm glad they're putting apples + fries in the kids meal. While I switch between fries and a healthier option, DH will not eat a burger without fries. I could never convince my kids that they needed to eat apples while dad chowed down on his Large fries.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options

Hahaha! Like this! :laugh:
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Here in Portugal you can choose to have carrot sticks or soup in your happy meal instead of fries ;p (and salad or soup in the mcmenus)

Well not here in fat America!! :ohwell: