Feeling a bit intimidated

Options
I just started back in the Gym this past week. My Gym has a lot of guys and girls that are in amazing shape. I have been out of the Gym for so long, and thanks to a 70 mile and hour flip from my bike a few years ago, I cant lift the weight I want to. I find my self lifting my weights, and feeling inferior. any ideas on confidence building?

Replies

• cooter2533
    Options
    Everybody has got to start somewhere, all those big buff guys curling 40 lbs didn't start that way, at one time they were doing 5s or 10s it whatever, from my first 4 months lifting and being around people in the gym most of them are happy to see people trying to get in shape and better.there health. Just workout hard and u will get to where you want to be, just be patient.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just refer to everone as 'bro' and carry around a giant protein shake. You'll be fine.
  • djlevron
    Options
    Hey thats a good one BRO SIP SIP
  • djlevron
    Options
    Thanks Cooter , I use to stay in the gym when I was younger, and I think that is what makes it worse, I want to do what I use to do.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you are smart about diet, rest, and lift choice you can easily pass up a lot of people at your gym. I was talking with one of the guys at my gym turns out he has been there 2 years longer than me, knows little about diet/supplementation, and his favorite lift is probably the curl.

I passed him up in about 8 months, and continue to make gains while he pulverizes his biceps 5 times a week.

So just be smart, do you research, set your short term and long term goals and go for it.