Alternating Jillian Michaels Workouts

Options
I've had the 30 Day Shred DVD for awhile but never did it much. Last week I decided to commit and do the whole 30 days. I got through 8 days of Level 1 and am really, really bored of it already. I know I only have 2 more days of Level 1, but the thought of doing 10 more days of the exact same thing two more times is making me cringe. I just bought the Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack. Will I get the same results alternating them? Maybe one week of each, then progressing to the Level 2 for each? Or 6 days of alternating (so do each 2x a week)? I'm just not sure if I should try to push through and stick to one program at a time or if I'll still get the results I want alternating the workouts. If someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do you feel you're ready to move up to Level 2 on 30DS? When I did it the first time (about 2 years ago), I moved up when I felt I was ready and/or bored with the level I was on! :P And alternating DVDs is fine - at this point I alternate a lot of my DVDs during the week, depending on what I'm in the mood for or how much time I have that day. Any of Jillian's DVDs will give you a mix of strength and cardio, especially Ripped in 30 and 6 Week Six-Pack. I have both and alternate them frequently. In Six-Pack, it does focus on your core, but you've got a weight in your hands quite a bit, so your arms are working, and there are a lot of moves that push your heart rate up. I'd do whatever keeps you working out and not bored! :tongue: