Ready for a change! :D

Options
Hello!

I'm Kayla. I'm a recent convert from Noom/Calorific/Cardio Trainer. I started using MFP on my phone after my boss told me how well it was working for him and now I'm going to try and be more active on the site!

When I graduated high school I estimate I was close to 215lbs. I didn't have easy access to a scale at the time but judging from how I looked and my lifestyle, I was definitely over 200lbs.

I moved to Vancouver, BC to start college. My weight fluctuated a lot but I stayed around the 200 pound mark for about two years.

Finally, I started a new job in a warehouse and weighed in at 201lbs. At the time I was discouraged, but filled with new resolve! I bought a smartphone and found some calorie counting and exercise monitoring apps, and the games began!

Between April of 2011 and July of 2011 I lost 20lbs. From 201 to 181! So proud :) For a long while I floated around that weight, and of course with Christmas I was baaad. I started the New Year at 182lbs, which wasn't bad by any means. I lazed around for a couple weeks and then I found MFP! Now I am totally ready to just go for it.

I've lost about two pounds so far, in the past month. I've been drinking and flip-flopping a lot, but I hope that now that I'm posting here in the forums I'll be more motivated to stick to it. My mini-goal right now is to lose 10lbs before April for a 21st birthday trip to Vegas!

I'd love to talk to some people on here, trade tips and just meet some new friends who are in the same boat as me. So don't be shy, feel free to add and/or talk to me! :D

Thanks for reading my babble, have a great day!

Replies

• Jlaurio93
    Options
    Hello!

I'm pretty new here too.[:
    I hope you meet your dream weight goal. I wouldn't mind chatting and motivating each other.

Good luck! :D
  • Taitiant
    Options
    :happy: You will find a ton of support here!!! Feel free to look over my profile.. I just started here about a week ago my self, but so far loving it!

WTG on ur weight loss already!! Keep it going :flowerforyou:

*~T~*