SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo - April 3rd

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
I love coffee. Just thought I would share that.

Yesterday, I didn't do the bike ride - 30 mph winds with 50 mph gust - and a dust advisory. With the way my head has felt, I thought it wise. Besides, I had enough wind last Saturday. Did do a walk/jog and a yoga class.

Today, yep, another bike ride planned. I have some Charlie horse pain in one leg from yesterday, so no walk/jog. Tonight, off to the Big D.

I know how you feel WL (and everyone else does too, I'm sure) with the insecurities we have with weight. We are taught to define ourselves by what we look like and by what we do. I think we find happiness by not judging ourselves or others by their occupation or their body.

Body Image Boogaloo,

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    I love coffee. Just thought I would share that.

Yesterday, I didn't do the bike ride - 30 mph winds with 50 mph gust - and a dust advisory. With the way my head has felt, I thought it wise. Besides, I had enough wind last Saturday. Did do a walk/jog and a yoga class.

Today, yep, another bike ride planned. I have some Charlie horse pain in one leg from yesterday, so no walk/jog. Tonight, off to the Big D.

I know how you feel WL (and everyone else does too, I'm sure) with the insecurities we have with weight. We are taught to define ourselves by what we look like and by what we do. I think we find happiness by not judging ourselves or others by their occupation or their body.

Body Image Boogaloo,

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I'll try to make this quick. I have a funny story though.
    Yesterday Alex was on my bed jumping around and I was changing clothes to get ready to go to his appointment. He stopped jumping and looked at me funny. He said, "So what do you think?" That's his way of wanting me to ask him what he's thinking. So I asked him, "What do you think? Does mommy look..pretty?" (yeah, searching for compliments, but I didn't get one). He looked at me again and said, "Mommy's too big.":noway: Thanks kid. :grumble: I was kind of hurt at first because I have put on a few pounds this week, but he's three and he's autistic. He was probably only copying what I have said about myself. I actually did find it very funny...after awhile. :laugh:
    His appt. went great. We are getting him off his meds this week. He should be off of them by next Saturday! The doc said if he starts going crazy they may need to put him back on it but he didn't think it would be a problem. That was his last appointment, but they said even if Alex gets sick or we have any concern about anything that we can call and they will help us! That's such a blessing because I was really wishing he was Alex's ped.! Also they gave us $120 worth the vitamins for Alex! For free! One of them is fruit and veggie powder to see if we can get his digestive tract straightened out. They are awesome. They also think he's doing great and were amazed at how well he's speaking.
    Just had to tell you all that.
    Today is:
    grocery shopping
    writing out my new schedule for the coming weeks
    cleaning up
    and resting
    I am feeling better, but still not back to my old self. If I am not too worn out I might try a little turbo jam. Otherwise I have to wait till Monday. We're working on the pastor's brakes tomorrow I think. Fun!
    I'll be back later. I gotta run!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to tell you yesterday MM, it was National Autism Day, in case you weren't aware.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too Mary, it just doesn't always like me. I try to limit my intake to about 1-2 a day. Then it is herbal teas, which I count as some of my water but not as satisfying as coffee. Hope your head feels better soon. I think I am becoming allergic to pollen as I get older. My nose wouldn't leave alone the other day.

MM don't kids say the darndest things. My 25 year old comes down everyother night to "Richard it up" with me( I know it dates me lol) and she keeps muttering something about Sexy for Summer. I just go with it but believe me it's going to take alot for me to make that motto work lol. I am happy to hear Alex can go off his meds, I really hope it works for you all. Too many kids on too many drugs. Though I do believe that sometimes they are necessary. Have a great day.

I know I am not getting this weight off until I can start walking an hour everyday but I'm so busy right now I can't get it done. Lots of extra work at this time of year.

Hi to all who haven't posted yet, everyone have a great weekend, we are supposed to have rain :grumble:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mary, I could definitely relate to your comment a few weeks ago about no sweeteners in coffee not being a problem except when traveling and drinking bad coffee. In my case, it's bad coffee at work. At home, we make lovely coffee - grind the beans, get the water to the right temp, brew for 6 minutes and press with french press. I really appreciate a good cup of coffee, and am fine just adding milk or taking it black. But that stuff they have at work is just awful - I have to add cream and sugar.
    Oh, it can be so hard! I have been absolutely horrified by myself sometimes - particularly since I lost weight - looking at other people and finding myself guessing how much weight they have to lose (if they are overweight) or comparing myself to them (if they are not). It is a truly nasty habit. I don't want to be judging people that way, and I don't want them judging me that way. WL - I absolutely understand the frustration of not fitting into your clothes and feeling bad about yourself. But you must know that you are an amazing person and absolutely not defined by an extra pound here or there. Forget the jeans - wear anything that is comfortable and pat yourself on the back for all you have accomplished!

I didn't get around to posting this morning before I went to work. I did my strength routine, and still have pushups to do tonight. My eating went haywire today, though - I stupidly bought some candy (mostly so I wouldn't have to make change - does that make sense?), and then ate some chips (admittedly, they were Red Hot Blues, which are delicious blue corn chips) as soon as I got home, even though I wasn't hungry. Dumb.

V, you are probably in Ithaca by now - sorry about the rain! MM, glad you are feeling better - I'm sure you haven't really gained a couple of pounds in a week. It's nice to see you checking in again, Karen. You, too, AD. And Anne, I hope you're still with us!

Have a great Friday evening, all! :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Great to see you and thanks for the encouragement. Most times I'm pretty good with the solo pep talks but I had hit a low point. I guess I'm also coming down HARD from so much adrenaline and excitement over the past few months with the shoot, and I think I'm dealing with some PTSD from everything that happened.

ANYWAY, I love our thread and love hearing about all of your journeys as well. MM that is really funny and great about Alex, and KJLL I had to laugh about the "Sexy for Summer" comments from the peanut gallery.

And speaking of coffee, I treated myself to a new espresso machine and all I can say is, what a difference! It makes just a simple latte such a treat when the coffee is good, ground and fresh.

I haven't worked out yet today. I'm waiting to hear from a friend of mine to see if she'll go run the stairs with me. If not, I'll walk at sunset along the beach for an hour, then to the gym tomorrow morning for cardio and maybe a booty ballet class.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Coffee was apparently the theme for the day. . .I had about four cups of it on the very, very rainy road trip. It was crummy visibility all the way, but I made it and had dinner at the Moosewood Restaurant.

Due to the rain, I got into town too late to go to the keynote, because I was tired and more hungry than I was eager to go to the speech. Naughty, but delicious.

This was luckily my scheduled day off from working out, as I'm exhausted by the (sometimes white knuckle. . .my rental car was very slippy/slidy in the rain) trip.

Wandering, I cannot imagine the "coming down" you're going through. Try to be gentle with yourself, as much as you can. I'm sure you'll have weird emotions come up that you had to disregard during stressful moments. . .

I'll check in if I can the rest of the weekend. I didn't log today. There was a potato chip pity party at one of my rest stops, so I called this my non-logging day. (I'm taking one of those a week now. . .I don't think I shared that. I was getting obsessive with the calorie recording, and decided that the cure for that was having a "blank day" once a week.)

Rainy road trip boogaloo. . .:flowerforyou: