YOU INSPIRE ME!!!

Options
I just wanted to share an email that i wrote to someone who asked ... "how do you do it?"
She said she lacked motivation and couldn't understand how i could find the time and energy to work out every day.

This was my response to her:

Well ... first .. HI!!!!! Long time!! YOU look fantastic which is probably why you have a hard time getting motivated.

For me ... i had deleted any picture i was in from x-mas this past year, and that made me so sad. That i was DELETING my children's memories. I seldom take photos with my kids because ... i hate looking at my pictures. So .. that was my main motivation. Because I work and run them around everywhere, i also want to always be able to keep up and have the energy for them ... that was another motivation for me. The last one (which really should be the first) was that my doctor put me on cholesterol medication about a year and a 1/2 ago .. I was "obese" by clinical standards AND I smoke ... so basically i was a walking time bomb that was going to have a lung collapse simultaneously with a heart attack. I never wanted to go to the doctor and i never filled my prescription. (sad, right???)

This past Wednesday, I saw my doctor ... and had my blood work done a couple of weeks ago .. and with diet and exercise, have lowered all my levels significantly. See, my dad was 33 when he had triple by-pass surgery on his heart ... so this was HUGE!!!

And now .. i just want to look as great as i feel, and I still have a little ways to go. I'm still flabby in all the "wrong" places ... tummy, arms. ugh!!

I go RIGHT to the gym from work 3 x a week now, whereas before, I was just doing about 30-35 minutes at home on the treadmill every single day ... and it was getting boring.

I work out in some form EVERY day now. (off gym days .. i do the treadmill)

How I stay motivated ... it's SO nice to hear people say .. "wow, what have you been doing" and "you're about 5lbs away from perfect" from my doctor.

I like it!!

but the ON-GOING motivations comes from:
www.myfitnesspal.com

CHECK IT OUT!!! Amazing stories of success, and trials ... there are many diverse people out there whether it’s for weight loss or for just staying fit who want to feel great. They ALL motivate me on there. There are message boards and blogs you can read ... this site has changed my life!!!

(sounds a little dramatic, i know .. but it's true)

Well ... hope that little story helped!!
Stay in touch girl!!!
And if you get on there .. find me. You can have "friends" on there too!! Though, i really don't.
S****** H*** turned me onto this place and he's like a GOD on that website.

Kell

Replies

• kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I just wanted to share an email that i wrote to someone who asked ... "how do you do it?"
    She said she lacked motivation and couldn't understand how i could find the time and energy to work out every day.

This was my response to her:

Well ... first .. HI!!!!! Long time!! YOU look fantastic which is probably why you have a hard time getting motivated.

For me ... i had deleted any picture i was in from x-mas this past year, and that made me so sad. That i was DELETING my children's memories. I seldom take photos with my kids because ... i hate looking at my pictures. So .. that was my main motivation. Because I work and run them around everywhere, i also want to always be able to keep up and have the energy for them ... that was another motivation for me. The last one (which really should be the first) was that my doctor put me on cholesterol medication about a year and a 1/2 ago .. I was "obese" by clinical standards AND I smoke ... so basically i was a walking time bomb that was going to have a lung collapse simultaneously with a heart attack. I never wanted to go to the doctor and i never filled my prescription. (sad, right???)

This past Wednesday, I saw my doctor ... and had my blood work done a couple of weeks ago .. and with diet and exercise, have lowered all my levels significantly. See, my dad was 33 when he had triple by-pass surgery on his heart ... so this was HUGE!!!

And now .. i just want to look as great as i feel, and I still have a little ways to go. I'm still flabby in all the "wrong" places ... tummy, arms. ugh!!

I go RIGHT to the gym from work 3 x a week now, whereas before, I was just doing about 30-35 minutes at home on the treadmill every single day ... and it was getting boring.

I work out in some form EVERY day now. (off gym days .. i do the treadmill)

How I stay motivated ... it's SO nice to hear people say .. "wow, what have you been doing" and "you're about 5lbs away from perfect" from my doctor.

I like it!!

but the ON-GOING motivations comes from:
    www.myfitnesspal.com

CHECK IT OUT!!! Amazing stories of success, and trials ... there are many diverse people out there whether it’s for weight loss or for just staying fit who want to feel great. They ALL motivate me on there. There are message boards and blogs you can read ... this site has changed my life!!!

(sounds a little dramatic, i know .. but it's true)

Well ... hope that little story helped!!
    Stay in touch girl!!!
    And if you get on there .. find me. You can have "friends" on there too!! Though, i really don't.
    S****** H*** turned me onto this place and he's like a GOD on that website.

Kell
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Kell! Love hearing that, especially from someone I know IRL. Glad I could be a small part of it!

Keep up the great work lady! One of these days I'll get you out on the grass so I can properly (athletically) kick your little *kitten* (as I do my own).