Starting a Routine...HELP

Options
I need to start a new exercise routine/routines for weight loss, and I just want opinions on what worked for people...running, dvds...etc. I have forty pounds to lose.. so i want to burn those calories!!

Replies

• stephelliott
    Options
    I need to start a new exercise routine/routines for weight loss, and I just want opinions on what worked for people...running, dvds...etc. I have forty pounds to lose.. so i want to burn those calories!!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    running will blast away the calories, but you really need to do what works for you. I like to do different things so I don't get bored. You can start off by walking.........
  • mnj2001
    mnj2001 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello
    I happen to love Leslie Sansone 3 mile power walk w/ waist band. I burn about 418 calories n only 45 mins. I also like her 2 mile walk kit w/ the leg band which is 50 mins n burns about 390 calories. I do one everyday tues-fri cause i work on mons and weekends. I have been doing mfp since the middle of march and I have lost about 8 pds and some inches. Good Luck!!!
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i am not a runner and cannot afford a gym membership. so i went to my local library and checked out different dvds until i found some that i liked - and then went out and bought them.

i love the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels.

biggest loser season 2 workout video

slim in six series

i have also started the 100 pushup and 200 sit up challenge - here is the link.
    http://hundredpushups.com/index.html
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Maribela86
    Maribela86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also love 30 day shred
  • jersygirl09
    Options
    I'm using the P90X series from beachbody.com I've lost 18# so far and love the workouts. This though needs some equipment availability to really do it right. There are several other workouts on that web site though that might fit what you are looking for.

Good Luck!!
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    I go to the gym mon thru fri and take different classes. It help keep me from not getting bored. I also do weight training three times a week.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I do DVDs...varies between 30 Day Shred, Turbo Jam Cardio Parties, Walk Away the Pounds, etc. I have 36 or so workout dvds, so I try to mix it up. I can't afford a gym membership, and I'm okay with that (at least for now). I would run, but I get shin splints too badly (need new shoes). Good luck!

Oh, I was able to lose 45 pounds in the nine months before I got pregnant last time mostly just doing videos. I mostly did the TJ, stability ball, and various other videos. I also have an exercise bike and stepper that I use sometimes too.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph, welcome :drinker:

I started off on a stationary bike. WHen I started I could only do about 5 minutes! :laugh: But soon I was going for 20! and then I got bored. So I started jogging. I couldn't go for long, but I found it more fun than the bike. I'd jog as long as I could, then walk awhile, then jog some more until I was falling over! :laugh:

Now I do about 20 mins of jogging spliced with about 10 mins of walking. I throw in other activities here and there as well- jump rope, badminton, 1-on-1 b-ball- anything really. Just make sure you're having fun, it'll keep you interested! If you've got kids that are old enough, involve them! Take them swimming or make a game of dancing in the living room. There are tons of ways to get active, even without a set "routine"! have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • stephelliott
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied! It helped a bunch!:wink: