Halfway there! (52 lbs down.)

Options
Hi. This is my first time posting, because honestly it took getting to the halfway mark to get me excited enough to speak up.

Here's my story:
I'd tried diets, diet pills, diet shakes, etc...in the past with no success. Then, one day in September 2010, I woke up and decided that if I didn't shape up, I was going to die. (My family has a long history of obesity & basically every horrible thing related to obesity ie.diabetes, heart disease, etc.) So, that day, I started counting calories. I've never had a super strict work-out policy, but I have enjoyed walking/running when my schedule allows. Due to a lot of personal stress, I fell off the wagon from December 2010-April 2011, so in all, I've been working on this for about a year.

My starting weight was 243 lbs with only 5'5" of height. My BMI was 40.4, which fell into the "Morbidly Obese" category.
Today, I'm at 191 with a 31.8 BMI (Just "obese" now!) Technically, I'm 2 lbs lower than my 1/2 way goal, but they came off in a package deal. (I only weigh in on Friday mornings, otherwise I just make myself crazy since my weight tends to fluctuate wildly depending on the time of day or the pull of the moon or what-have-you.)

I usually read everyone else's Success Stories on my lunch break at work, and I am glad that I can finally contribute one of my own!

Before:
051-1.jpg

Now:
948-1.jpg

Thanks for reading!
-Sarah

Replies

• ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nm- let me fix the pictures and try again... LOL. I'm a newbie, can you tell?
  • bignick21
    Options
    That's awesome. You have done so well I went down a similar path on and off diets and I know how hard it can be sometimes to keep on track. Keep it up and I hope it keeps getting better for you =)
  • ReclaimingSarah
    Options
    That's awesome. You have done so well I went down a similar path on and off diets and I know how hard it can be sometimes to keep on track. Keep it up and I hope it keeps getting better for you =)

Thanks so much!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great!
  • airmay1
    airmay1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up great job!!:smile:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    Options
    Well done, you look great!

Thank you! I love your name, BTW! :laugh:
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :) Thanks for sharing. I love the motivation these success stories get me. Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that's awesome. I started at 321 but am down to 193 so It's awesome to see your picture because now I can think of myself smaller than my mind does. Thanks for Posting and I'm your same journey now. I thought 155 was ideal for me so I have 38 to go. Wish me luck!! Thanks Norma
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Keep it up!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You go girl. Never give up and keep up the great work.
  • nicolarodda1
    Options
    Awwww! Well done! You look fab! :)
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Well done...thats amazin! You must be very proud of yourself :-)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Good Job! You look great!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    excellent progress! i can't wait to be where you are!!!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That wonderful smile of yours says it sll - you look wonderful! congratulations!:smile:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • horsemadami
    Options
    Wow, you have done fantastic...well done :-)
    I have 70 pounds, (sorry 69 pounds as I had a weight in today :smile: ) and its great to read of other peoples success, its a great motivation!
    Very well done to you again.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    Options
    Way to go, that's awesome. I started at 321 but am down to 193 so It's awesome to see your picture because now I can think of myself smaller than my mind does. Thanks for Posting and I'm your same journey now. I thought 155 was ideal for me so I have 38 to go. Wish me luck!! Thanks Norma

Thanks to everyone!! @normalg- I struggle with my mental picture of myself vs. what I actually look like. Seeing everyone else's pictures helps me keep my mental image in check, also! :happy:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Sarah! You look wonderful - keep up the good work!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    Options
    Way to go, Sarah! You look wonderful - keep up the good work!

Thanks Brandy! BTW- I looked at your profile and your quote is seriously one of the reasons I started to lose weight. I really did feel like a frumpy great aunt. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!