Chicken Broccoli and Penne
Chicken Marsala
Pasta and Meatballs or Sweet Sausage
Mussel and Calamari
Baked Meat Lasagna
Pork Chop and Vinegar Peppers
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
Fettucini Alfredo

AHHHHHHHHHH! What do I chose? My stomach wants the Chicken Parm. My head thinks I should chose the Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I would put each one into my tracker and see what my options are, then weigh it out from there. You can also treat yourself but you'll have to plan for it.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I could order the chicken parm and then only eat half and take the other half home for hubs. I didn't even think of that!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would get the grilled lemon pepper chicken, but that's just my opinion. It all sounds so good! Good luck with your decision!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Going out with office staff tomorrow night. Here are my dinner options:

Sausage Cacciatore
    Chicken or Veal Parmigiana
    Chicken Broccoli and Penne
    Chicken Marsala
    Pasta and Meatballs or Sweet Sausage
    Mussel and Calamari
    Baked Meat Lasagna
    Pork Chop and Vinegar Peppers
    Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
    Fettucini Alfredo

AHHHHHHHHHH! What do I chose? My stomach wants the Chicken Parm. My head thinks I should chose the Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken.

If you are trying to stick to your diet, I'd say go with the Grilled Lemon Pepper chicken or the Mussels and Calamari (if this isn't deep fried, swimming in butter and/or served over pasta). Otherwise I'd say have a cheat day or spike day or whatever you want to call it and enjoy some Chicken Marsala, because it's so yummy.
  • snowchj
    snowchj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When counting calories, I've found accuracy to be the most important factor. Even more so than what you're actually eating. With that in mind, here are some tips for accurate tracking while eating out...

- The best options are those that are typically the same size everywhere you go, or those that can be tallied numerically. Looking over your list, the Mussel and Calamari dish is one example of this. But you'll probably be served so many clams that counting gets annoying. So...
    - Another factor to look for is how common a dish is, and how much wiggle-room exists for preparation. Again, looking over your list, everyone has their own Lasagna recipe, but Veal Parmesan is basically the same everywhere you go. This will give you many more choices and confirmed listings in MFP.
    - Assuming you don't want to bring your scale with you to the restaurant, one technique I use is to physically cut my meal into four equal quarters. Then eat three quarters of the meal, and bring the last quarter home in a doggie-bag. At home, I can weigh and measure the last quarter, multiply it by three, and get a pretty accurate measurement of what I just ate. Don't know how helpful that will be a business dinner though, sorry.

So in conclusion, I'd get the veal parm.