I survived the Super Bowl! Did you?

Options
I certainly celebrated a Giants win but my diet didn't take a back seat. I got lucky because our party hosts had plenty of healthy choices. Along with the usual unhealthy hot dogs, brats and hamburgers they had grilled salmon, asparagus, coleslaw made with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Even the fries, chips, salsa and guac were homemade, although I skipped them except for a small taste. I also skipped the dessert cupcakes that come from the grocery store and have 100g of sugar and stain your mouth blue (which I normally wouldn't be able to do). I opted to wait for a small piece of chocolate when I got home.

So, how did you fare? If you went over budget on the calories, did you make up for it earlier last week or will you do it this week? A cheat day is not always as horrible as it may seem!

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    It was BAD. Like pizza, nachos, beer, soda, cookies bad.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did not do well at all!! I ate bad!! But I'm going to run my *kitten* off this week to work it off!!
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had two beers last night but otherwise I ate healthy all day. :happy:
  • lauramae24
    Options
    I am not a football fan but usually LOVE SuperBowl just for the food and beer. I have to admit that I stayed home and away from any form of SuperBowl party just so I could be good. Granted I had A LOT of homework to do also, but I am glad I did because I was down a pound from yesterday.
  • ChokingDrama
    Options
    I ate too much without realizing. Nachos. Mozzarella sticks. Grapes. Almonds. Brownies.
    I tried limiting myself. I had 2 Mozzarella sticks. 20 grapes. 5 almonds. 1 brownie. 5 nachos.

But still went over my calorie limit. :(
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I was under my calories with a little preemptive cardio in the morning.
  • ortmail
    ortmail Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Low fat nachos (ground turkey instead of ground beef, low fat cheese, low fat sour cream) and spinach & artichoke dip with low fat mayo/cream cheese/sour cream. Still not the healthiest in the world but I felt good knowing I tried. Plus used carrots instead of chips, and pita chips instead of nachos. Overally not horrible! :smile:
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO Giants :wink: I did okay I could of been better but it happens
  • rachaldenise
    rachaldenise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It was horrific and I shall never speak of such atrocities again.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did, we are not football fans so we dont throw parties during this time! Woked great for me.
  • Taitiant
    Options
    I did Soooo good! And even got to drink 5 beers last night with out going over my goal. Michalobe Ultra u ROCK! :drinker:

I stayed away from the food table, and ate before i left the house to the party.. Stayed watching the game and shooting pool. Kept my self busy instead of Looking for food.. Im extremly proud of my self.. I've gone from eating about 5,000 calories a day to 1200 no prob. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

~** T **~ :flowerforyou:
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself I had strawberries, blackberries and grapes with a side of strawberry flavored cool whip, while everyone else ate tamales, nachos, brisket and goat, yes I said goat. I would not be eating goat on any given day!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't watch football, so I was fine :)
  • Taitiant
    Options
    I am so proud of myself I had strawberries, blackberries and grapes with a side of strawberry flavored cool whip, while everyone else ate tamales, nachos, brisket and goat, yes I said goat. I would not be eating goat on any given day!

YAY FOR YOU!!!! =):bigsmile: and i feel ya on the Goat thing.. hahaha
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    I could have been better. I was over my calorie limit. I should have stuck to the pineapple, strawberries and grapes for dessert, but the homemade bar cookies were just too tempting. I did limit my other food choices to only the foods I loved and only ate a taste of each, I was good the rest of last week, and I'm back on track today.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It was horrific and I shall never speak of such atrocities again.

Haha so funny. So I guess yours will count as a cheat day?
  • sblueyez
    Options
    I am not a football fan but usually LOVE SuperBowl just for the food and beer. I have to admit that I stayed home and away from any form of SuperBowl party just so I could be good. Granted I had A LOT of homework to do also, but I am glad I did because I was down a pound from yesterday.

That's awesome! Good job. It sounds like you did what was best for you. :)
  • sblueyez
    Options
    I did Soooo good! And even got to drink 5 beers last night with out going over my goal. Michalobe Ultra u ROCK! :drinker:

I stayed away from the food table, and ate before i left the house to the party.. Stayed watching the game and shooting pool. Kept my self busy instead of Looking for food.. Im extremly proud of my self.. I've gone from eating about 5,000 calories a day to 1200 no prob. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

~** T **~ :flowerforyou:

You should be proud! Great job!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm proud! Homemade guacamole from all fresh ingredients and no added salt, a low fat greek yogurt based dip (with some no fat sour cream). I mainly dipped vegetables, but had calories allotted for tortilla chips, and then at the last minute I had the idea to make my own tortilla chips by spraying olive oil over the La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Corn Tortillas, which wound up being half the calories. I still had around two of the other kind, and my macros were off, though I stayed well under calorie limit, but YES! I was happy.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I did ! I only had 2 pieces of pizza and 3 wings. No soda or alcohol.