ER - The Final Episode

Options

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have watched it since the very first episode.
    It was kinda bitter sweet for me. You see, that was me and my mom's thing. We always watched it and then called each other to discuss. So seeing it end was pretty sad to me, especially now that mom is gone too.
    I was expecting so much more for the final episode too. I was expecting the entire er to explode or something. I guess they figured that's what everyone was waiting for and decided to do something different. I, for one, am going to miss this show!!!

Memaw
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Next year they'll make "ER, the MOVIE."
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I thought it was good for a final episode. Usually finales are pretty bad. Now I can be left wondering if Sam & Dr Gates get back together. Since I now know that Doug & Carol are living happily ever after!

I didn't watch it for a few years because I didn't have cable. But then when I got a dish back in 05 I started watching again. I like that the show changed people over time. That's how life is. Same place but different people working.

I do agree with the disasters being out of control for awhile. I'm glad they got off of that.

I was alittle skeptical on how they would bring back some of the older people "Clooney & others" but I think in the last few weeks they've done a good job with it. Nothing really goofy. Even the epi where they brought back Dr Greene was good. I was wondering how they'd bring back a dead guy.

And this is an end of an era. TV like this is on it's way out. Reality & talk shows. I miss the days of comedies, dramas. Something to escape with for 30 min or an hour. There are fewer & fewer good shows on. Plus for me I'm back to no cable/dish so I can only watch what's available on the net.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    I am gonna miss this show! I thought the last season was full of tear jerkers starting with Pratts death.....:cry: But I too thought it was gonna end differently.. I definetly think that Sam and Gates are back together!!

Is everyone going to watch Southland?
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I hadn't really watched the show since 2002, after Dr Green died. After that the show started to suck, with disasters taking place every week (how many times can a helicopter crash into the ER?)

In fact, last night I was expecting something to crash into that red Mustang.

Anyways, the past several years have, IMO, sucked. They should have pulled the plug on this show years ago.

Oh, and what's up with Abby? Can she ever be happy?

Oh, and Dr. Susan Lewis is hot!

I couldnt have said it better. Every time ER would start I would say...Ugh...This show should have died years ago. I was teasing her by counting down the episodes until it would finally be over. lol :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I have watched it since the very first episode.
    It was kinda bitter sweet for me. You see, that was me and my mom's thing. We always watched it and then called each other to discuss. So seeing it end was pretty sad to me, especially now that mom is gone too.
    I was expecting so much more for the final episode too. I was expecting the entire er to explode or something. I guess they figured that's what everyone was waiting for and decided to do something different. I, for one, am going to miss this show!!!

Memaw

The show had gotten so bad in the last few years I was expecting something like the final episode of St. elsewhere when the whole show was in the imagination of an autistic kid. That ER saw more disasterous injuries than omoha beach and that was a bit rediculous.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I am gonna miss this show! I thought the last season was full of tear jerkers starting with Pratts death.....:cry: But I too thought it was gonna end differently.. I definetly think that Sam and Gates are back together!!

Yah the mortality rate for working in that ER was crazy. Working in that ER meant you were going to die in a disaster or get terminally ill. lol
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I thought it was good for a final episode. Usually finales are pretty bad. Now I can be left wondering if Sam & Dr Gates get back together. Since I now know that Doug & Carol are living happily ever after!

I didn't watch it for a few years because I didn't have cable. But then when I got a dish back in 05 I started watching again. I like that the show changed people over time. That's how life is. Same place but different people working.

I do agree with the disasters being out of control for awhile. I'm glad they got off of that.

I was alittle skeptical on how they would bring back some of the older people "Clooney & others" but I think in the last few weeks they've done a good job with it. Nothing really goofy. Even the epi where they brought back Dr Greene was good. I was wondering how they'd bring back a dead guy.

And this is an end of an era. TV like this is on it's way out. Reality & talk shows. I miss the days of comedies, dramas. Something to escape with for 30 min or an hour. There are fewer & fewer good shows on. Plus for me I'm back to no cable/dish so I can only watch what's available on the net.
    Dr. Greene was back??
    Wha?!?!?!:noway:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Dr. Greene was back??

It was the epi called Heal Thyself (they did not bring him back from the dead.)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Dr. Greene was back??

It was the epi called Heal Thyself (they did not bring him back from the dead.)
    Oh ok
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Nope. I have no need for a cop drama in my life, especially one with a mean old boss picking on a rich kid who is just trying to follow his dream and do good in society.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    How about a show about nothing?

So, a show about you?
  • Mireille
    Options
    Max, don't you have a fire you should be tending to?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    where is the booty shot of Sherry?
  • Mireille
    Options
    Max, don't you have a fire you should be tending to?

Just the fire in my heart for you, Mir. The fire in my heart. :flowerforyou:

Now that's how I likes it! :smokin:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    where is the booty shot of Sherry?

Google "Sherry Stringfield NYPD Blue" and you'll see,

u do it
    chop chop