Wedding Budget!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Luckily my fiancé has a great job and makes good money so we don't really have a budget. As of right now, our wedding will be over 30k. We already own our own home so luckily we don't have to save for that.

I understand pricey rings because you're going to have those the rest of your life and I know personally I will wear mine forever. I thought lets just have a small not so pricey wedding but it seems to be getting bigger and bigger haha.

My dress was $1675 and then I'll pay for alterations, I'm completely in love with it and I was fine with that price.

We are getting married and having the reception in the same place. It's gorgeous and totally worth the money, they do a lot of the stuff and we'll be getting our photographer and DJ through them because they'll already be familiar with the venue.

My mom is getting our cake for us and our toasting flutes. My fiancés parents are doing the rehearsal dinner. I'm not having a veil or shoes and I'm doing simple jewelry because my dress has a lot of sparkle on it's own. I'll probably just have simple diamond studs for earrings, no necklace and then my amazing engagement ring and wedding band.

As of now the honeymoon will be close to 2 weeks in Hawaii but we may check out some other places as well.

I am really excited about our special day which is in 8 months and I know we as well as everyone else will have a great time =] It's not going to be a traditional wedding in many ways and I know it'll be really special and memorable :heart:
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ---We are getting married in Sept. I just want my fiancee to be able to read this thread --
    Thanks Print
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I got married for the second time in 2009 and it cost us about £12,000 but I did a TON myself. We had a fabulous Wedding,
    I went to a Wedding the year after that cost over £70,000 and they SPLIT up after 9 months!
    My daughter is getting married on the 24th of this month, and her budget is under £5,000, I am doing all the flowers and table decorations, I have made all the order of the days, the table planner, the place names etc, the Dress is from Light in the Box and cost £125 the bridesmaid dress also from Light in the Box and was £75, we got lots from eBay, pre loved things, all really nice and cheap. I have pulled in favours from friends who are making the cake, doing the video and our Wedding photographer is doing it as a favour for a LOT LOT less than his normal charges, I have a friend with a chocolate shop who has done me a fabulous deal on hand made champagne truffles for the favours, we have a student make up artist doing it cheaply, the same with the hairdresser. They are getting married in the week so its cheaper, getting married in the sane venue as the reception so no transport cost. Its going to be fabulous x

Light In The Box is where my bridesmaids dresses are hopefully coming from. Have you got them already? If so, is the quality good?

I've actually ordered a 'trial dress' for myself, just to see - it should be here in the next few days - but the more positive reviews the better!

Both the dresses are FABULOUS, my Daughter was like you are worried, but her dress is STUNNING, the bridesmaids dress is excellent, I paid over £200 each for the bridesmaids dresses at my Wedding and they were no better, my dress was custom made for me and I was thrilled to bits with it, but it cost a LOT of money, my Daughters dress is under £200 and she will look like a princess in it, it is worth getting someone to measure you properly and paying the bit extra for the custom make, as the sizes are different. We had to alter my daughters bridesmaids dress as we ordered a 12 and it was HUGE on her, but the quality is excellent, and we also got the flower girl dress from there and its too it lovely, well made and fabulous. Totally recommend it
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We are getting married at the Renaissance Festival in 3 years. We figured it would take that much to save up. It's going to be almost $10,000 (and that's without the rings -- which we will finance).

We are using our tax returns each year to save for it.

Everyone keeps saying we shouldn't be waiting so long to get married, but I disagree. We've been together 3 years and it's gone so fast. The next 3 will go fast as well and honestly, what's the rush?!
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We were lucky :heart: - my parents and his parents :love: organised everything :flowerforyou: . To be honest I didn't even ask how much :ohwell: they paid :embarassed: :blushing:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Im getting married (yay for me!) and i was wondering from people who are already married or planning weddings. both men and women how much was your budget and how did you save money?
    x

Depends on what you want to do.

Our wedding was a formal ceremony and reception with full buffet-style dinner. We had 80 guests. Our total costs were $12,000, but we scrimped on a lot including my gown costs, reception venue, and we got a great great deal on our food.

Our honeymoon was $15,000.

I HIGHLY suggest you sit down and start pricing things out before decigind on how big your wedding will be. Also, be prepared to spend about 20-30% more than you budget, because there will be unexpected expenses along the way.