NSV like yesterday make all the sacrifices and hard work wor

Options
Yesterday I attended a Super Bowl party with about 20 friends and at least 12 of them commented on "how good I looked" or "wow, how much weight have you lost". It totally made my day, provided the kind of encouragement that one needs to hear from time to time and sparked conversations with one of my healthier friends about his routines. If 60% of the people in that room noticed I must be doing something right. And it makes my journey to my goal weight that much more manageable because I know others see the difference too. It really boosted my self esteem to a new level and I can't wait until the day I have to buy a whole new wardrobe when I reach my goals. Goodbye to the old me. Hello to a lifetime change for the better.

Ryan

Replies

• Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Ryan! Seeing the changes in your own body are an incredible thing, but when others notice and have nice things to say ... well, there just are very few feelings like that. Those are the things that make our efforts easier. Again, congratulations on your HUGE NSV (non scale victory, for those that don't yet know). Best of luck to you on your journey.

Endeavor to persevere.

Ken
  • timmomo
    Options
    <belly bump!>

While we still can!
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I look forward to the day when people notice! That is such great encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!