How many calories does a Zumba work out burn???

Options
2»

Replies

• kpheulpin
    Options
    Hi,
    Depending on how active the class is, how many fast songs, follwed by cool down songs. If your zumba instructor enjoys more fast then slow songs you will burn more calories. If your zumba instructor focuses more on toning than cardio you will burn less calories but be toner. Hope this helps
  • cookie60five
    Options
    I've just finished 60 minutes of Zumba quite high intensity couldn't do much talking, I usually just choose dancing (modern ballet, or twist) as my workout choice which means I burn around 600+ calories but I've just entered my details on Zumba calories.com and it says I've burned 1008! Wow that's great and I enjoy it so much :)
  • Sanduni
    Options
    thanks again for all the wonderful feed back :) its actually quite fun to do Zumba at home :) im so addicted now :) i so hope that i will loose a few lb this week :) im totally new to diet and excercise.......and im gonna keep this up.... you all are Amazing :) im so happy i joined MFP :) xx
  • BlackRose278
    BlackRose278 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! I just started Zumba with the Zumba Fitness for the Kinect. I was only able to do 22 minutes without fainting for my first try, but i don't know how many calories i burned.
    Can anyone help me with how to calculate that? I don't have enough for a HRM, and my parents would kill me if i bought one with their money.
  • cuteek
    cuteek Posts: 33
    Options
    Try using this calorie counter online - http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
    as it will depend on your weight and workout minutes and intensity,

I just completed 21 minutes on Zumba Fitness Core for xbox and the built in calorie counter said I burned 63 calories, so I'm not sure that's too accurate. They say the average hour class can burn around 600+ calories. It's hard to get into at first but once in a routine you will be doing an hour no problem.
  • Pollyanna2me
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout, and can be done at so many different levels. When I first started taking the class, and didn't know the routines, and the steps, I wasn't burning as many calories as I do now. Now I burn anywhere from 450 to 550 during a 60 minute class. It just depends on how I feel, and how much impact I want. You can make it as easy or challenging as you want to!