WILL run 5K!!!!!

Options
Just had to share this for anyone who has started running and thinks they will never improve, or that it's hard. I started running about a month ago, just little bits here and there. My best friend convinced me to sign up for a 5K in May. I have been trying really hard to run at least twice a week and with May getting closer I was thinking there was NO way I was gonna be able to run the WHOLE 5k. Well, as of yesterday I was able to run 4.28k!!!!!! without stopping...I am SOOOOO close and almost there. I cannot wait to be able to run the full 5k, with about a month to go i know I can do it!!!! Sooo excited!!

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Just had to share this for anyone who has started running and thinks they will never improve, or that it's hard. I started running about a month ago, just little bits here and there. My best friend convinced me to sign up for a 5K in May. I have been trying really hard to run at least twice a week and with May getting closer I was thinking there was NO way I was gonna be able to run the WHOLE 5k. Well, as of yesterday I was able to run 4.28k!!!!!! without stopping...I am SOOOOO close and almost there. I cannot wait to be able to run the full 5k, with about a month to go i know I can do it!!!! Sooo excited!!
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    good job! i wish i could, im more of an endurance, less time kind of work outer. lol i think i can run 2.5 now, and if i pushed myself enough make it to 3. id love to run a 5k non stop.
    CONGRATS ur almost there
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, you can definitely do it! Do not stop now!
    And Tam, you can definitely run a 5k non stop, we are gonna do a 10k non stop this summer! lol
    well maybe not this summer but.. NEXT SUMMER! aha
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    this summer bailey!!! thats like 5 months away. we just need to start asap
  • jacksonlady01
    jacksonlady01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made myself a promise that I would run a 5K this summer as well. I started running about three weeks ago and am slowly building up my stamina. I also told my sister that she is running it with me. Now I don't have an excuse not to do it b/c someone else is counting on me to be their running buddy.

Great job on your increase in distance!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job. I have signed up for a 5K in Myrtle Beach in February. It will be my first. We can allllll do this. Sign up pals
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Hahaha I saw this post come up and it's so funny to see how far we've come. Since this post I've run many 5k's and even a 10k......I remember back then how each kilometer was just such a milestone........honestly, anyone who doesnt "think" they can.....you ABSOLUTELY can...just one kilometer at a time!!!
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    I can echo chulie's comments! I ran a 10k back in 2007, having never done anything like it before. I lost 2 stone doing it, and felt great about myself!

If running interests you, then sign up to an event 6 months away. I've signed up for the manchester 10k run. that will give me a target. Then look for smaller goals on teh way. so i have signed up for the free UK parkruns at parkrun.org. They are held on saturday mornings aroun d the UK and are 5k distance usually.

Then just get out there and do it! Start with interval training (2 min jog, 1 min walk) and just do whats comfortable!

I've gone from 2km to 4.5km in a week. but from now on its 1km a week improvement!
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel so invigorated to see this post, I've set a new years goal to run a 5K this summer! As of now I don't have anyone else to do it with me, which makes it a little harder to keep motivated, but I WILL DO IT!!! I've never done anything like this before and I'm so excited!! To be honest, I don't even know how far I can run right now nonstop, maybe this weekend I'll go as long as I can in my neighborhood and see how far that is! I found the couch to 5K plan on coolrunning.com and that's what I've been doing (1.5 weeks in)!

Wish me luck, and I could use any advise or support you can give!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!