For you and for me

Options
Posting a little bit of self motivation here, and hopefully it may also help motivate some of you fabulous people out there!

My freshman year of college, I was 18 years old and at my highest weight of 260 pounds.'

5twbqw.jpg

2a8paqb.jpg

Me in the green.

When I stepped on the scale and saw that number I was absolutely horrified. SO close to 300! 300! I couldn't let that ever happen to me. I worked out for a couple weeks and tried to eat a little better but real change didn't happen until about a year later when I stopped eating meat. In February of 2008 I became a vegetarian and by the middle of that summer I had lost 25 pounds. That loss helped start me into making better health decisions for myself. I stopped drinking soda and eventually made water my sole beverage of choice (occasionally an iced tea and of course real fruit juice sometimes). I didn't eat meat anymore, which made eating fast food completely out of the question.

That fall (of 08) I moved to Chicago, from small town Ohio. My best friend and roomie had a Wii Fit and I used it. I found SparkPeople and between those two things I managed to lose another 20-25 pounds. I then met my boyfriend who encouraged me to get more active and start exercising more. I finally entered ONEderland!! Over the last year I've really taken control of what I put into my stomach and have made a small effort to remain active. I sprained my knee last June and have been using it as an excuse for not being active. Well, NO MORE. I bought a gym membership and look forward to updating this success story in a few months when hopefully I have reached my goal weight!

This is me today, 80 lbs lighter.

2ds1ox1.jpg

2ppj30w.jpg

Happy losing everyone!!

Replies

• krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't post the pictures!! :/
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look fantastic! :drinker:
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! you look amazing well done on your achievements, I love to see pictures like this they are soooooooooo motivating x
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's inspiring!! You look fantastic! Good for you. You can do this...just look how far you've come!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!