What's keeping you going?

Options
Today what's getting me through are my hot pink toenails, new pair of size 10 slacks and the prospect of Zumba tonight.

Now you.

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My before and current photos. I see how far I've come and how far I have to go.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started using this website....and it's by far the best one out there. But what's motivating to me is knowing that in just a couple of months, I will be lighter, healthier and more confident when I wear a bathing suit!
  • crystalcorals
    crystalcorals Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, I haven't lost many inches or seen much of a difference since late December. I've probably lost 2-3 pounds since December :(. But I keep going because I want to.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The thought of a table full of pills if I keep on the same track I have been... both my husband and my family have a history of weight problems... and along with that medications for illnesses that can be eliminated or greatly reduced with good diet and exercise habits... I have just decided I don't want to ever have a table full of pills... more than any cute skirts can muster up anyway... though that is a major plus.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, I haven't lost many inches or seen much of a difference since late December. I've probably lost 2-3 pounds since December :(. But I keep going because I want to.

Ditto. :ohwell:
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Because I feel 100% better about myself when I watch what I eat and work out.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options

Ditto. :ohwell:

Sheer willpower. :)
  • Muirenn
    Options
    Knowing that the weight will come off and I will feel better and better as it does. There are times when I have a stall in my weight loss and that happens but best thing to do is remember why I am working so hard and keep it up! Every day is a new opportunity to become a healthier me
  • BA19430
    BA19430 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The fact that I was able to bring my A1C test from a 6 to a 4.8 in just three months. And I am seeing that I have more energy to enjoy time with my 5 month old!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My exercise high and this beautiful sunny day.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nothing is keeping me going. I'm not keeping going. All I want to do is sit in front of the TV eating cake and fried chicken. Exercise just feels like drudgery and so does most everything else. Any momentary pleasure or pain I feel just morphs into vague apathy. Which reminds me, I have to confirm that appointment with my therapist.
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The idea that I never regret working out, and I always regret skipping one.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I can run or snowboard for hours and not get sore, I can participate in activities like hiking, running snowboarding and p90x with friends and family when I NEVER would have 4 yrs ago. I like who I am becoming, I didnt really like myself before:) Knowing my kids are watching me:) Knowing my husband is watching me;p The people Ive inspired. All the new things Im learning and growing from. Buying cute things in size small instead of xxL... and (I could truly go on and on...:) The way I feel when I eat right and exercise/do something active and the way I feel when I dont.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to see a difference in the mirror almost daily and I like what I see! I am really happy where I'm at now, and excited to see how much happier I'll be when I get to my goal.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The Warrior Dash I'm working for in Sept. :glasses: It will be the biggest physical achievement I've ever done.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by my happiness! Even when the results aren't showing, I recognize how much better I feel about myself since I decided to make fitness a lifestyle choice.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have a plan to lose 6 lbs by the end of February. 8 more each in March and April.

I have more to lose, but I'm focusing on the next 12 weeks. By losing, I'm turning back the hands of time. Right now, my 31 lb total loss brings me back to 2006.

If I lose another 22 by the end of April, I'll be back in 2001!