Jillian's "No more Trouble zones" - good or not

raqufern
raqufern Posts: 794 Member
Hi everyone, I am currently doing the 30DS shred and am 3 days away from finishing level 2. Although I have seen changes in my arms legs and some what in my belly, there are still areas I want to work on such as my love handles and inner thighs. So I was wondering if any of you have ever tried Jillians video: "No more Trouble Zones" and if so, is it good? Did you get any results? Please feel free to share pics if you have any!

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I like it! I feel like it's less intense than 30ds (feel like I'm going to die less often!!) but it's twice as long. Still a great workout and it changes the moves up quickly so you don't get sick of it. I often plan on doing 30ds at night but opt for nmtz instead since it's a little more fun for me!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    I like it! I feel like it's less intense than 30ds (feel like I'm going to die less often!!) but it's twice as long. Still a great workout and it changes the moves up quickly so you don't get sick of it. I often plan on doing 30ds at night but opt for nmtz instead since it's a little more fun for me!

So its almost an hr long??? I like that you say its not as intense because you are right I feel like I am dying at the end of my 30DS workout! LOL! Thanks for your input!
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    The workout is 55 minutes long including the warm-up/cool-down. I love it! I only started about a week ago but I am already starting to see a difference in how my clothes fit and how I feel. I also have done the 30DS for the entire month and I loved that work-out and still do that one occasionally when pressed for time, but the NMTZ really makes you feel it in your arms and your abs big time and you will see a noticeable difference! Good luck!
  • Meraai82
    Meraai82 Posts: 9 Member
    So glad you asked the question! I'm at the end of week 3 of Ripped in 30 (which is awesome by the way) and was wondering what to try next. I love the workout, but miss my running and spinning classes, so I think I'll mix them up with some No More Trouble Zone workouts when I'm done with Rin30. :happy:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    I love it. I do a mix of Jillian's Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, Kickboxing workout DVDs, and exercise bike. NMTZ is one of my favorites for sure. I had it on loan from the library for about 3 months before I finally bought my own copy :)
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    NMTZ is awesome for sculpting! It's not the best choice if you're trying to lose more than 20 pounds though because it's not very much cardio. That being said, I am dripping sweat by the end of the workout! I like to mix that would Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is mostly cardio. Good luck!
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    i like NMTZ except I dread doing it because of its length and it is one that I cannot stand to do every day. I would rather work out 45 min on the bike but at least NMTZ has some weights in it to help sculpt.
  • Jillian is the BOMB!!!!!! But man I feel like iam going to pass out after her work out dvds!! THIGHS / BUNS is a Killer ... Im on my feet most of the day ( in the medical field ) so when I do her in the mornings I have to stretch often!!!! SORE aint the word ...LOL being a PEAR shape woman this one has really help me ... I went from a size 26 jeans to a 14 ... she is till toning my dairy air!!! LOL best wishes to you
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    What about Jillian Michael's , "The Jillian Body Revolution?" I'm ready to step it up, and really love the fact that these w/o's are only 30 minutes long so I can also add in extra cardio. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    I love No More Trouble Zones! It's a more weight-focused workout. The "sister" DVD to that is "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism", which is more cardio based. I think a great program would be 30-60 days of alternating each DVD (e.g., 3 days NMTZ & 3 BFBM). I bet you'd see some great results!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    I really like but unlike the other comment, I actually find it much harder than 30DS, in fact to me this her hardest dvd, and I have a lot of them. I can't always finish this dvd, well let's be honest, I think I only went through the whole dvd once. I run 2-3 times a week, 3 miles, so I really want to use NMTZ 2-3 times a week for strength training. Any one interested in NMTZ challenge?
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    I haven't tried it but Ripped in 30 kicks the workout up a notch. It's awesome!

6143704.png
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    yes i will be starting nmtz soon so if someone else wants to, let me know!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    What about Jillian Michael's , "The Jillian Body Revolution?" I'm ready to step it up, and really love the fact that these w/o's are only 30 minutes long so I can also add in extra cardio. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!!

i like the idea of it but it's pretty expensive and i didn't want to purchase it yet.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member

I am on Day 5 of Body Revolution...Love it! You can check out my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/phatsoslim

I LOVE No More Trouble Zones. Yes it is long but it is a fantastic workout. When I was doing it, I mixed it up with cardio between days of NMTZ. Because there is no cardio (or not much) it's a good strong workout that gets that love/hate soreness feeling happening all over your body when you first start it.
  • yes I also run 3-4 miles 3x a week but really need to add strength training (over 40 :{) I lost 55 pounds and have about 5 more for goal weight but need to tone up.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I like it, it is all weights tho, no cardio sessions and it is 45 min long. I have 5 of Jillian's DVDs (and 2 more coming in the mail!) and I rotate them throughout the week so I'm never doing the same workout two days in a row. I have problems with getting bored.

Overall, I've lost 13 pounds, 2 inches from my bust, 2.5 from my waist and 2 from my hips doing this routine :)
  • Right now, my routine is doing ripped in 30, everyday...no days off. On days that i only work four hours, or I have a day off, I do both ripped in 30 and NMTZ...i really like it bc it's less intense cardio-wise, but still a great workout.

I definitely see a difference in myself.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    bump
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    I LOVE JILLIAN MYSELF AND HAVE DONE LOTS OF HER WORKOUTS BUT THE ONE I NEVER SEE ANYONE DOING, THAT IS MY HANDS-DOWN FAV IS YOGA MELTDOWN! YOU'D BE SUPRISED AT THE WORKOUT OF STRENGTH AND CARDIO IT HAS. DEF CHECK IT OUT:0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!