Calorie Deficit

Options
Hello,

I have a question about calorie deficits. My goal right now is to lose a pound a week. Without exercise my recommended calorie goal is 1200. On days when I take exercise classes, I have a large calorie deficit even though I am eating until I am full (calorie deficit of 700-800 instead of 500). On weekends I sometimes only have a calorie deficit of 300 or 400 instead of the 500 recommended. Will this average out to a pound a week or do I need to be more careful to keep a calorie deficit of 500 each day. Thanks!

Replies

• hilbell
    hilbell Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

I have a question about calorie deficits. My goal right now is to lose a pound a week. Without exercise my recommended calorie goal is 1200. On days when I take exercise classes, I have a large calorie deficit even though I am eating until I am full (calorie deficit of 700-800 instead of 500). On weekends I sometimes only have a calorie deficit of 300 or 400 instead of the 500 recommended. Will this average out to a pound a week or do I need to be more careful to keep a calorie deficit of 500 each day. Thanks!
  • weasleman42
    Options
    It should average out. Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    theoretically it should average out, but you should never be eating less that 1200 net calories in a day (that means your intake-your output through exercise should never equal less than 1200)