Sometimes you just need to step away from the scale...

Options
I have been struggling with a plateau for well over a month now (closer to 2 months!) and it has been driving me crazy... So I've decided to start tracking my progress in other ways.

In about a month and a half, I only lost 1.5 pounds. Definitely still a work in progress - but its nice to actually see that your hard work is starting to pay off, even when the scale refuses to budge.

(I'm a little self-conscious about even posting these, but thought if I could help motivate even just one person struggling with a plateau it'd be worth it)

MyPictures119-1-1-1.jpg

MyPictures123-1-1-1.jpg

MyPictures122-1-1-1.jpg

Replies

• gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you look great! and you can definetly see a big difference in just two short months!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That is eye-opening! Great job and who needs that nasty scale when you can see the results!
  • divadoll41
    Options
    Looking good!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Wow! You can definitely SEE the difference. Thanks for pointing out that there is more to fitness than what the scale says...
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What a difference for only two months! You are looking great !
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    Awsome!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! I think this is what's happening to me too, not losing a bunch of weight, but I can see a difference. Way to go!!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Thanks for that i have been struggling with my only 1 lb loss for over a month now and wondering if i am ever going to lose more even though i see changes like this happening. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the reminder!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that's fantastic!

I've lost 13 pounds in the past 10 weeks (I had gained a bunch prior to losing so my ticker doesn't show any of the loss) and I'm not seeing the drastic results that you're seeing.

You look great!!! :happy:
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    HOLY HELL! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC :happy:

You are definitely making a HUGE change.
    Great Job
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I struggle with the scale, but you are right. Your pictures really do make a difference. I think I am going to try this. You should be proud of yourself. Those are awesome abs! What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Awesome- keep up the great work!! You are right- sometimes the scale is not an accurate barometer of a changing body! So glad you are keeping it in perspective and getting stronger!
  • razfabulous
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I recently took my scale out of the bathroom and put it somewhere inconvenient. My clothes are getting loose but the numbers aren't moving so I decided to stop stressing about it for a little while.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :blushing: I box two times a week and I've also been following the New Rules of Lifting for Women weight program.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this! Excellent work! :smile:
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    You look great! You can really see the definition in your stomach. Thank you for posting these. :smile:
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thank you for this reminder. I have been on a plateau for almost 6 months now, scale goes up and down like a yo yo. Recently I upped my workouts and really looked at my nutrition and adjusted accordingly, since then the scale seems to be going up. However I feel stronger, clothes are fitting better and I feel healthier overall. So frustrated with the scale ready to throw it out the window. I have measurements and pictures taken but perhaps I should take new ones and see a difference that way instead of always trying to rely on the scale.

Thanks again and Awesome job! I can really see a difference. :happy:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You can TOTALLY see a difference. It looks like you lost 10-15lbs... seriously. You got rid of those little chubberlumps you get when one has their arms at their sides (right at the armpits... you know, that little roll we all hate when we wear spaghetti strap shirts or tank tops?) ... That is one huge thing I am looking forward to losing, lol... You didn't have much of one before but WOW, that definition! Your shoulders.... holy cow! GREAT JOB.