Men only please.. I need your help

Options
momof8munchkins
momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
My 13th anniversary is next week and I really could use ideas from guys..what do men find romantic.. or do men even care about romance at all?? Yes, I have been married to the same man for 13 years and still don't know the answer to these questions and that's not for lack of trying on my part .. how you would want to celebrate your anniversary with your wife???

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    13 years?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Holding hands,quiet walks or evenings on the couch.
    Try taking him to his favorite restaurant and then just a relaxing evening after.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    A harley ride through the hills. Stop for a nice dinner. Then home for ice cream on the deck. Soak in the hot tub and see where that takes us from there.
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    yes it's 13 years
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but I can tell you...a good meal and some body part specific loving and he'll be a happy man...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My 13th anniversary is next week and I really could use ideas from guys..what do men find romantic.. or do men even care about romance at all?? Yes, I have been married to the same man for 13 years and still don't know the answer to these questions and that's not for lack of trying on my part .. how you would want to celebrate your anniversary with your wife???
    Celebrating our 20th this year. Just booked flights and room in Vegas for 7 days.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    WarriorMom got it right ... LOL if he is carnivore then nice steak dinner at his favourite place and then what WarriorMom said
    by the way congrats on the anniversary I think we are on our 20 something LOL after 15 you stop counting or at least we did
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    BJ and beer usually does the trick or whatever type of alcoholic beverage of choice

you could even spice it up and add in a strip tease before the BJ

and ofcourse the dinner first

and btw Total congrats on the 13 yrs :flowerforyou:
    \

^^^ Bingo
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Um, you have 8 kids. Or did I read that wrong? I'd say you've got the romance thing nailed down, so to speak.
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. :flowerforyou: I was figuring a great meal and then a great time in the bedroom..:blushing: but didn't know if men wanted more than that..I wish we could go away for a week.. but that is not possible right now with kiddies at home and no sitter.. maybe on our 20th Anniversary lol
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but I can tell you...a good meal and some body part specific loving and he'll be a happy man...

100% correct. We're simple, trust me
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    Um, you have 8 kids. Or did I read that wrong? I'd say you've got the romance thing nailed down, so to speak.
    you read that right. hee hee..
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    13 years and 8 kids?

Child-free house, steak dinner, and rarely (or never) performed sexual favors.

Resist the urge to make men more complicated than they really are. :flowerforyou:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. :flowerforyou: I was figuring a great meal and then a great time in the bedroom..:blushing: but didn't know if men wanted more than that..I wish we could go away for a week.. but that is not possible right now with kiddies at home and no sitter.. maybe on our 20th Anniversary lol

If you can't afford to get away for a week. How about getting a sitter for one n ight. Book a room. Make dinner reservations. Buy some lingerie.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I like when my wife does things that she hates but knows I like. For instance by her offering to take me to a chinese food restaurant, shows she really cares about me. Also gotta end the night right. :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    13 years and 8 kids?

Child-free house, steak dinner, and rarely (or never) performed sexual favors.

Resist the urge to make men more complicated than they really are. :flowerforyou:

I'd say you tied this thread up with a nice little bow!
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Go out for a nice dinner and drinks somewhere and dress up extra nice/sexy for him. He'll walk tall and parade you around feeling like he's the luckiest man in the world. And as previously suggested, when you get home give him some extra loving/attention and he's putty in your hands. :wink:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You could bring me a sammich afterwards, rub my feet and wash the bedding...would that be pushing it? Cause I can do without the foot rub... :tongue:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You have 8 kids?
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Romance is sort of individual. One could also ask whether or not you really want to be romantic.

For example, you could arrange for a kick butt time with paint ball (if you enjoy it), and he might think that's an awesome anniversary. You could of course follow it up with a shower and...stuff, etc.