New HRM inspires me!

Options
I bought a HRM this weekend and today was the first time I used it during my outside walk. Just knowing when I was in my "Fat burning zone" propelled me to pick it up when I started to slow down.

I've been doing the same walk most days since I joined MFP, it usually takes me 40 minutes...today, I covered the same ground in 32 minutes. My HRM says that I was in my target zone for 28 of those minutes.

There was also a difference between what MFP calculated my "calories burned" to be (225) and what the HRM calculated (177).

I'm starting the 30DS today, it will be interesting to see what the HRM calculates as calories burned for that.

When I lose my 2nd 20 pounds I have promised myself a Fitbit but in the meantime I'm loving my HRM! Have a great week everyone, and make that sweat cry!

Replies

• kaya808
    Options
    I also recently got a Polar HRM and have found myself working out at a higher intensity than I did pre-HRM. I was using the "kickboxing" category for my TurboFire workouts to enter calories burned in MFP and realized after using my HRM that MFP was actually UNDERestimating my calorie burn by 10-20%! The HRM truly is a great motivator and helps me push through those last 5-10 minutes when I want to give up and slack off!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!

PS - I am also dying to get a Fitbit but can't justify the money after so recently buying the Polar. Let me know how you like the Fitbit once you do "earn" it. =)
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    I've had a Polar FT7 for over a year now and I am so glad I bought it. It really motivates me to work harder. I seriously had no clue as to how hard I was working (or not working) until I got my HRM. I even bought one for my husband and he loves getting the feedback from it. As for a fitbit, not really something I feel I need at this point.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You go girl!

I may just have to get me one of those.

Kristine
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    You go girl!

I may just have to get me one of those.

Kristine

I'm loving it! Did my first session of the 30DS today while wearing it...burned 196 calories. If I can move tomorrow I will do day 2 :laugh: .