Do you feel different

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else felt "funny" since you started on a diet? I've been getting more and more headaches and feeling light headed. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same symptoms?

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No - not related to MFP anyway. How many calories are you eating a day? How much are you exercising? You may not be eating enough - that would explain the headaches and dizziness.
  • Snjlowe
    Snjlowe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel much better. I think its giving up the greasy fast food that has helped. Did you maybe cut out caffeine too quick? I get bad headaches from caffeine withdrawl if I don't eliminate it slowly rather than cold turkey.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Give up caffeine - surely you jest - lol
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    make sure you drink lots of water!! I feel pretty good when I'm eating right and exercising...hope you figure out whats giving you the headaches and such.
  • hepsi
    hepsi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been there lately but have managed to remedy it...

if you are not eating enough 'timely' meals and not drinking enough water, u can get headaches and lightheadedness...if you are exercising, try and eat back the calories u have burnt to begin with...if you want to cut back on eating exercise calories, do it gradually...
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you were used to eating allot of sugar, and have now stopped, your body will go though a withdrawal of sorts and cause headaches for a few days. If it lasts longer than a week you should probably see your doctor. Same thing with caffeine, If you were drinking allot of soda or tea and suddenly stop you will get caffeine headaches.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    yes it probly is sugar & caffine Withdrawal and DT's.... sure it will get better as you continue.... keep up the good work..
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough. I started MFP doing 1200 calories a day and that wasn't enough for me. I felt awful. If you set your goal too aggressively in MFP (like say over 1 lb/week loss), it will automatically set you at 1200 since it won't go lower (and you shouldn't eat less than that). MFP is just a computer program, make sure you listen to your body first and foremost.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get that way sometimes. That's when I'll grab a 60 calorie cheese stick. It helps tremendously!
  • Prefessa
    Options
    Its not a straightforward answer...because we don't have the whole picture. Could be anything from Dehydration, junk food withdrawl, medications if any, extreme calorie defecit, vitamin mineral deficiencies/imbalance, metabolic issues. Sage advice is to see a doctor that will listen to you and do some blood work.

I will tell you that over the past 2 1/2 years I lost over 80 lbs, and I felt like crap for the first 70+ lbs. When you accumulate alot of visceral fat like I did, and you mobilize that fat....all of the Toxins, Pesticide Residues and fat soluble food additives, get pumped into your system and results in feeling crappy. Also your body doesn't like shrinkage...so it trys to do whatever it can to slow it down. Its a survival mechanism.

See a doctor...and if all is OK....Hang In There....its a mind game that unfortunately we have to play to get lean.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Also... if you are exercising with weights, you might be getting tension headaches. When I started lifting I was getting really bad headaches. I started focusing more on keeping my shoulders away from my ears when lifting and doing a nice long neck stretch after my workouts. It helped a lot! Good luck!

But if they continue, I would recommend what the above poster said: Go see a doctor!
  • yoursunshine34
    Options
    I wish it a simply caffeine headache. But I dont' drink coffee or soda.. Yay for me but I'm not seeing a drop in weight due to less sugar.. I think most of you are right... I'm not eating enough... Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since food is fuel, if you dont have enough of it, you can get many adverse affects.